• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New shooting bench

Started by USMA-1982, July 09, 2013, 08:45:53 PM

USMA-1982

Just finished this last night.  Well, I say finished, but a good bench always has room for improvement.  My concept was a portable bench that I could throw in the back of the truck and take out to the range as well as backyard air gun use.  I started with a Keter folding work table from Home Depot ( http://www.homedepot.com/p/Keter-21-65-in-x-33-46-in-x-29-7-in-Folding-Work-Table-17182239/203118732#.UdxWyBZk6fQ ).  I had some scrap wood that I used for the frame and the support leg for the overhang, but I ended up buying a couple of nice pieces of wood for the top.  It breaks down into 5 pieces for transport and storage and assembles without tools with ten 1/4x3" SS bolts, with 2 each fender and lock washers, secured by a wing nut.

If you click on a photo it should take you to my Photobucket album where you can see steps for assembly and bottom view pics.

Total cost - about $150.

Ed

Fredericksburg VA

breakfastchef

Nifty bench that goes 'both ways'. So where is the matching stool?
Larry

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BDS

Well done and the red-ish stain is cool  :-*
Brian

USMA-1982

Thanks Larry and Chongman.

Larry I have a folding 3-leg camp stool that fits in my range box, and the range box itself works as a stool.  Also, have you figured out I'm trying to get to 100 posts today?   :)
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

USMA-1982

Brian - Cabot Red Mahogany, thanks!  I'm going to need a big piece of felt to lay on top and protect the finish.  Also, it will get pretty hot if uncovered in the sun.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

quickster47 †

Very nice bench and quite versatile. You did a great job.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

USMA-1982

Thanks KevinP and Carl.  It's maiden voyage will be this evening in about an hour!

Also, this is my 100th post - 4 pellets!
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

BDS

Quote from: USMA-1982 on July 09, 2013, 10:01:28 PM
Brian - Cabot Red Mahogany, thanks!  I'm going to need a big piece of felt to lay on top and protect the finish.  Also, it will get pretty hot if uncovered in the sun.

Same here, I ended up using a thin, cotton baby blanket and BIG binder clips at 4 corners (my top is thinner than yours)

works slick allowing pistols, shooting glasses and other items like scopes to lay down w/out scratches etc etc
Brian

bgmcgee

Nice bench. :-* I like how it breaks down, that's a great idea.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BillK

Great bench.  Makes my Black&Decker work mate look like what it is;  POS   :)

You guys are hard to keep up with.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Crosshairs

Now that is super cool what a great idea and a great job me like too.
                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!