• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Did some shooting with the 2400KT .177 Carbine today

Started by T191032, July 17, 2013, 04:23:15 AM

arkmaker †

Never had any luck with any of the Gamo pellets. Best I found in that brand were the 177 Hunter domes, but that ain't saying much. No love here for Gamo.

Looks like the Miester's did you well. I too, love the RWS brand of pellets. Always a good to great shooting pellet. Very few mis-shaped and very clean right out of the tin. I shoot the heck out of the Basic's in 177 and Superdomes in .22. Just have to love them for the price and kind of leisurely target shooting that I do.

All in all it sure does look like you got a good one out of the Custom Shop. I would take any of those groups with a smile  :)  But, then, you know how I shoot, so that isn't fair.  ;D ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

T191032

Just a thought I had the past couple days.  Was looking through the Custom Shop and considered a Carbine with iron sights, as a backup to an optic (that I have).  Dug out my .22 T191032 with the 14" barrel and set the optic, still wearing the High see-thru Weaver rings and noticed that the Williams Notch rear would be a problem with that setup.  Glad I thought of my .22 and pulled it out before proceeding.  LOL

Anyone ever gotten the LPA sights on their 2400KT to use as a sighting device?
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

JEBert

T,
I recieved one a few weeks ago.  I ordered it as a parts gun because I am building or modifying 4 others.  I wanted a LPA MIM sight for a pistol, an engraved tube for a G-II project, a brass trigger shoe with matching brass muzzle brake for another gun and a 14.5" barrel for yet another gun.  When the new 2400KT came in, I decided to shoot it before I took it apart and I really like it.  I might just keep it like it is except for the brass parts.  The MIM sight works very well with the factory muzzle brake and short sight pin.  I have used long sight pins with the WGRS-54 that I uses on a couple of other builds and they work OK too.
Oh, I've only shot it at 5M so far.  That's all the room I have in my shed.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)