• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Dot sights

Started by Randall Wells, July 25, 2013, 02:17:32 AM

Randall Wells

After my experience shooting my 2240 at an outdoor range today, I have to find something better that the Barska 30mm red dot. I could barely see the dot @ the highest setting. I went over to Big 5 sporting goods and the woman showed me what she called a holographic sight. It looks like one of those low budget Crosman or Daisy sights that has a about 1 square inch "window" you look thru. Took it outside and it is much brighter. Has a red circle with a red dot inside. Anybody know what I'm talking about ? Went to Midways site and searched "Holographic sight" , and it's definitely not one of those- Big $$$$. 
" I don't need no arms around me, and I don't need no drugs to calm me.I have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all "

bgmcgee

They also call them reflex sights.I have a Mueller on my 2300 and like it .I have heard good things about the walther reflex too.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

farrlarr

I have a Browning Buckmark reflex sight on my custom 2240 and like it a lot.  It went for about $50 when I bought it three or four years ago; it is very much like a number of other reflex sights on the market, all of which sell for pretty much the same price.  Mine has 7 different intensity settings and 4 different reticles.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Randall Wells

Thanks guys. The Mueller reflex is more than I can afford. Will check out the Browning Buckmark :)
" I don't need no arms around me, and I don't need no drugs to calm me.I have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all "

AS13

I have a UTG red/green dot sight I use. When I go outside in the bright light I use the green dot. Makes it a lot easier to see. When it's overcast outside or in the evening (sun goes down) I use the red dot.
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-4-Inch-Integral-Picatinny-Mounting/dp/B005UGIPUQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1374756176&sr=8-10&keywords=utg+sights
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

Cross Pistol Packer

Fitted a cheap £21 red/green sight to my 1322,the green led was not working when I brought it,found broken pin on led,fitted new bi colour led in it. then found the high setting not bright enough in strong daylight,the resistance for the high setting was 250ohms,reduced this to 80ohms,led now pulls around 35ma on this setting,good even in strong light.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

hogrider04

Cabela's had these on sale last week for $30. Unfortunately the sale is off now. Very nice sight that fits the weaver type mounts.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Center-Point8482-Tactical-Open-Reflex-Sight/1412024.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcenterpoint%2Bopen%2Breflex%26x%3D19%26y%3D8%26WTz_l%3DHeader%25253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=centerpoint+open+reflex&WTz_l=Header%253BSearch-All+Products

If the one you looked at was the Crosman cheapy that sells for around $10, don't bother unless you're desperate. Terrible sight. Only thing it has going for it is that it fits the 3/8 dovetail grooves on most airguns.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-Red-Dot-Sight/10928544

Chances are you were looking at the first one I listed. There are many clones of this one by many different companies. I think you would be fine with any of the clones. Just shop for your price range.  :-*

Tater

Quote from: hogrider04 on July 25, 2013, 07:54:09 PM
Cabela's had these on sale last week for $30. Unfortunately the sale is off now. Very nice sight that fits the weaver type mounts.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Center-Point8482-Tactical-Open-Reflex-Sight/1412024.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcenterpoint%2Bopen%2Breflex%26x%3D19%26y%3D8%26WTz_l%3DHeader%25253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=centerpoint+open+reflex&WTz_l=Header%253BSearch-All+Products

If the one you looked at was the Crosman cheapy that sells for around $10, don't bother unless you're desperate. Terrible sight. Only thing it has going for it is that it fits the 3/8 dovetail grooves on most airguns.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-Red-Dot-Sight/10928544

Chances are you were looking at the first one I listed. There are many clones of this one by many different companies. I think you would be fine with any of the clones. Just shop for your price range.  :-*

I actually have that center point that was on sale and was planning on returning it to Cabelas. I never even mounted it, I was waiting for a Bushnells to be delivered and I look the Bushnells better. If I can get the Bushnells straightened out I be happy to sell it to you rather than returning it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Randall Wells

Nice carbine setup. Plan on doing one too-down the road

KevinP

I also have the  Browning  reflex sight and I must say it is awesome .......... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York