• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

How is Crosman customer service?

Started by PestControl, August 02, 2013, 12:51:21 AM

PestControl

Need info on CCS, as my CCS (Crosman Custom Shop) 2400 carbine arrived today...badly.

Big round of applause for UPS.  Aside from calling Crosman in the morning, any suggestions?

Sigh.

rws_53

If your carbine came in a loosely fitting convoluted foam padded box they need to do something about that.  My 2300KT came in a box like that...luckily it wasn't damaged.  They need to go with a form fitting styrofoam box in my opinion. 

breakfastchef

Crosman will take care of you. The packaging usually provides good protection to the contents.
Larry

bgmcgee

Crosman customer service is top notch.  I'm sure they will take care of you.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

rws_53

Quote from: breakfastchef on August 02, 2013, 02:27:21 AM
Crosman will take care of you. The packaging usually provides good protection to the contents.

Crosman customer service is great but packaging of the customs guns isn't.  The foam padding is so loose it doesn't hold the gun in place...one drop on the end of the box will send the barrel right through the cardboard.     

Fronzdan

Normally I would say their customer service is great.  Except today I called at 3:45 to place a parts order.  Mind you, they close at 4:00...and sure, it's a Friday.  But c'mon.

The operator answered and patched me to Customer Service/Parts, where they put me on hold for 15 min until 4:00PM sharp, at which time the system took me "off" hold and the phone rang and rang.  Nobody ever answered.  That's one way to avoid having to work right up to quitting time.  My order would have taken all of 3 minutes.  I'm in the system, I'd just have to give them 4 part numbers.

Call them BEFORE 3:45 on a weekday and they'll take good care of you though.  That is serious damage.

arkmaker †

In their defense......
REALLY? Friday right before quitting time???  ;D ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

soolio

Ya, they were probably busy helping all the other last minute customers, can't fault them for that.

PestControl

The saga continues...

Update: When I spoke to the rep, Kevin, he at first mentioned how their expert would 'look the gun over and repair what needs repairing', which is when I stated I wanted a new airgun, not what would be, technically, a refurb.  I shouldn't pay the price for their insufficient packaging.

He put in a replacement order, and was getting a supervisor/manager to ok starting the production before they got the original returned...

They got the return today, the 'order' has been in place supposedly since Friday (he gave me a number which when put into the order check returns 'no order exists') and I am wondering if they are going to try the 'repair route'. 

So far, not impressed.

Will update with final outcome...

I had the order tracking issue also, but they came through...

Noah

Hopefully you WILL get a brand-new gun, but who knows? Yes, keep us posted and good luck!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

karatekid1975

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 02, 2013, 10:22:05 PM
Normally I would say their customer service is great.  Except today I called at 3:45 to place a parts order.  Mind you, they close at 4:00...and sure, it's a Friday.  But c'mon.

The operator answered and patched me to Customer Service/Parts, where they put me on hold for 15 min until 4:00PM sharp, at which time the system took me "off" hold and the phone rang and rang.  Nobody ever answered.  That's one way to avoid having to work right up to quitting time.  My order would have taken all of 3 minutes.  I'm in the system, I'd just have to give them 4 part numbers.

Call them BEFORE 3:45 on a weekday and they'll take good care of you though.  That is serious damage.

We (Crosman machineshop) worked 4 ten hour days (6 to 4:30). OT on Friday only. But when I left, we worked 5 eight hour shifts. That seems strange to me. I thought the office people worked 8 to 5.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

BDS

Hey PestControl... FYI, Crosman uses a 3rd party processor for orders and CS inquiries (you might notice the pages look diff than the main pages). Even when you phone an order in, you often have to ask for an order number from the CS person, I'm guessing they can't quickly see the order number that the 3rd party assigns because there is always a pause to get this number?

The 3rd party system is pretty poorly constructed and doesn't have much if any info. Crosman should take this process in house and get it squared away like the big boys do (PA being a great example, order now, email back in less than 2 minutes with shpg email to follow)  :-*
Brian

eric

Quote from: arkmaker on August 02, 2013, 11:00:15 PM
In their defense......
REALLY? Friday right before quitting time???  ;D ;D
right
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

PestControl

Quote from: Noah on August 08, 2013, 05:50:56 AM
Hopefully you WILL get a brand-new gun, but who knows? Yes, keep us posted and good luck!

Exactly, the service rep said it was authorized, but until it gets here, who knows?

Seems if they did that though we would all know about it by now....

Keeping fingers crossed!