Thougts on chronographs?

Started by Bocomomark, August 22, 2013, 12:36:34 AM

woody67

UnitedOutdoors, an ebay seller, sells chronys with a no-hassle return policy.

I bought one, then sent a .25 eunjin through the back sensor. They replaced it right away...no problems.
(I didnt tell them i shot it though, i just said there was a hole in my chrony and it wasnt working anymore. They didnt ask anything else, just replaced the broken chrony)

BDS

Chrony brand is great, look for them on sale too.

There are others but, most are more spendy.
Brian

airriflenut

This has been an informative post, I was thinking of asking the same question myself.  We really don't have room in the budget for a chrony but I really do need one to test/document my mods.  I'll have to sneak it by the Mrs. when I can.

From what I've gathered Shooting Chrony is a good one to get if I'm understanding, basically down to how much "extras" you want it to have.

I'm afraid the wife would shoot me if she caught me lugging the awesome "super computer" she recently built out to the shop to hook it up to a chrony!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

bgmcgee

I have the competition electronic chrony and have been more than happy with it. I did a lot of review reading and research and that one seemed to come up on top for the price. It seems to work well for me.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Colt25

Get a chrony! I have 2 alpha (red one) chronys and I love them. Just be careful not to shoot them :)

KevinP

Quote from: Colt25 on August 23, 2013, 09:29:12 PM
Get a chrony! I have 2 alpha (red one) chronys and I love them. Just be careful not to shoot them :)

;D it is just a matter of when ........................
Kevin
Albany, New York

Bocomomark

Ive been thinking that a piece of clear lexan might be in order.  While it wont do much for my buddies .308 It might protect against a 177 pellet!

breakfastchef

Quote from: Bocomomark on August 24, 2013, 02:43:59 AM
Ive been thinking that a piece of clear lexan might be in order.  While it wont do much for my buddies .308 It might protect against a 177 pellet!

Forum member, arkmaker, did a few Lexan chronograph shields last year. I was lucky to get one of them.
Larry

Bocomomark

I was just thinking of using a relatively simple scrap piece to protect the screen.  I take it that his was more sophisticated?

mudduck48

Quote from: KevinP on August 24, 2013, 01:02:23 AM
;D it is just a matter of when ........................
My friend Dale put a 250gr lead 45 colt round through the front screen on my Chrony, the blue one, and they only charge me $58 to fix it. Shooting pellets at it I put a piece of plywood in front of the screan.  ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

DBOdude

anyone tried this one ?

http://www.catsdomain.com/chrono/index.html

it's apparently not designed for PB's , but i've read good comments about it .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

T191032

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

KevinP

Quote from: DBOdude on August 24, 2013, 05:08:24 PM
anyone tried this one ?

I have the PS2, works well .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Quote from: DBOdude on August 24, 2013, 05:08:24 PM
anyone tried this one ?

And it's only $46.95 and made in USA. What I thought was funny is it says "for Airsoft, Paintball or Air guns", but it reads up to 4200 fps.  :)
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

woody67

Quote from: mudduck48 on August 24, 2013, 05:21:35 AM
My friend Dale put a 250gr lead 45 colt round through the front screen on my Chrony, the blue one, and they only charge me $58 to fix it. Shooting pellets at it I put a piece of plywood in front of the screan.  ;)

I put a brick over the top right in front of the back sensor, and a brick in front of the front sensor when i use mine.
One time i shot the back sensor only, so now they both get a brick for protection.
(Btw, i have the one with the readout screen on a 25ft cord)