• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 Arrived

Started by AS13, August 29, 2013, 01:30:37 PM

AS13

Ordered it Monday and got it yesterday. I wanted to break it down and get to work :D I thought it would be a good idea to run a few pellets through it first. Why waste the time and effort if there was a problem with it and it had to go back.
Out of the box it looked great. The blueing on the metal was nice and dark almost black. Checking the bore for oil and grease it was clean. They did a good job on the barrel. The crown was recessed almost a 1/4", the lands and grooves were well defined and sharp. Surprisingly much better than the rifling on my 2400.
Took it out in the backyard and ran a few cleaning pellets through it. Set up a soda can at 20 yards and gave it a go. No problem bouncing the can around using CPHP and H&N sport wadcutters. Took out 54 assorted pellets and got around 45 good shots. Accuracy was excellent. The trigger was a bit heavy and the front sight was hard to see (bad eyes). It was loud, but there's no problem during the day, nobody around  ;) 
Brought it inside and broke it down. Will do the basic mods (clean, polish and sear spring) and set up my inside target for some 30' target practice. I have an extended probe bolt and muzzle brake (from the 2400) I want to try. I think that the muzzle brake might cause a problem with inserting and removing the cartridge, we will see.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

bgmcgee

Cool deal. Sounds like you got a real good one. Pretty amazing house well that 7" barrel shoots isn't it?
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

Once the trigger is massaged, the 2240 is a blast.
Larry

KevinP

Sounds like you are going to have a good weekend  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

AS13

Well...90% done. The extended probe bolt was too short (OAL) >:( It wouldn't push the hammer far enough back to set the sear. No problem...Found a metric nut that was just under the OD of the bolt and thick enough to make up the difference so it's the same OAL of the OEM bolt. Drilled out the nut to accept a hold open magnet. Killed two birds with one stone. I'll use the factory bolt for the time being.
The muzzle brake fit great. No interference with loading CO2 cartridges. The pin sight is easier to see for me. No big surprises on the sear and hammer. Filed down the uneven surfaces on the sear and polished. This one was in much better shape. No corrosion and it wasn't bent like the other one. The hammer was in good shape, no rust or nicks just polished it up.
Adjusted the trigger pull using one of my Harbor Freight springs. These have a smaller wire ID. Cut it down and used washers on the nub on the frame as a makeshift spring adjuster. The trigger is perfect now. Soon as the wife's out of the house for a while I'll set up my pellet trap and try it out.
I forgot...Shimmed the trigger and sear and re lubed. Can't forget that one ;)
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

1377x

congrats on the new shooter!
closed mouths dont get fed