• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 Sight Adjustment

Started by AS13, September 11, 2013, 10:04:41 PM

AS13

After having a "Homer" moment I got my new 2240 sighted in for 10m. Had a problem with it shooting way right. Even with the rear sight adjusted as far left as it would go, still right ??? Ok...I knew the barrel wasn't bent so there was another culprit. I happened to check the barrel alignment from the breech to the muzzle and saw it was cocked to the right just above the end of the tube. Duhh...Loosened the barrel band set screws twisted the barrel band to the left until the barrel was aligned from breech to muzzle and re-tightened screws. After the adjustment I was able to return the rear sight to its middle position and re-sight. A little elevation adjustment and was on the money :-* Considering the barrel was held in position basically by the barrel band (plastic breech) I should have checked it when I put it back together ;D
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

KevinP

Good that you got it  sorted out  .... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

mudduck48

My new one was like that from the factory. Couldn't sight it in. Looked at it from the front and found the front sight leaning to one side. Did the same thing, loosen up all the screws, turned the barrel until the sight was straight and it worked. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

brz-ryder †

Shot my new 2240 today all i needed was a slight height adjustment was shooting a bit low now it seems good rain shut me down

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1