• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Big sound of shooting on 1377?

Started by Ex3, October 05, 2013, 12:24:34 PM

Ex3

Hello , I have my 1377 for around 2 months , I put around 1100 pellets through it and sound that it has while shooting is much bigger than sound that 1377 has in videos that I look on youtube. Mine is not modded and ones in youtube I watched are not as well.
I've searched in google about this but found nothing.
Could there be any problem with my gun ? It does not have lack of power I think, pellet goes through 2 liter cola bottle filled with water from 10 yards easily with 10 pumps, at lower pumps there is less sound.
any thoughts?
thanks

Cross Pistol Packer

Think your pistol is a good one,I have taken video of my Harper .25 being fired,now that is LOUD,but on playback sound is much muted.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

bgmcgee

Sounds like it's just fine. It's hard to determine the sound of anything from someones video. Not knowing how the sound recording was set up. If it is to loud look around for some addons for sound moderation.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

1377x

oh yeah they are loud and when you power mod them they get louder
mine can easily be heard over 100 yards away thats why we use shrouds and such
closed mouths dont get fed

Ex3

woody67

Quote from: 1377x on October 05, 2013, 03:21:17 PM
oh yeah they are loud and when you power mod them they get louder
mine can easily be heard over 100 yards away thats why we use shrouds and such

Not me, i use mine to catch the lead dust particles so i dont end up breathing them in after i take a shot.
;)
The noise reduction is just a little bonus? ???

1377x

Quote from: woody67 on October 06, 2013, 02:01:18 PM

Not me, i use mine to catch the lead dust particles so i dont end up breathing them in after i take a shot.
;)
The noise reduction is just a little bonus? ???
i use my shroud to hide the hideous gap between the barrel and pump tube reduced report is a beneficial side-affect ;)
closed mouths dont get fed