• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 1300 Medalist II

Started by mudduck48, October 06, 2013, 04:30:12 PM

mudduck48

I recently bought a Crosman 1300 Medalist II. I pumped it and found out it worked. I pumped it up 7 times and shot my pellet at 5 yards and almost hit the center. I thought, O-BOY, it works. Set it up on my bench and shot about 15 shots trying to sight it in, when I noticed that the roll pin for the pump rod was coming out. Set the gun on my small block of wood with the hole in it and took a small hammer and knocked the roll pin back in. Pumped it up again and poop,HUH? It quit working. I'm beating myself up trying to fix this thing. Cleaned, changed o-rings, etc and I can not get it to work again. Has any one here rebuilt a Crosman 1300 Medalist II before? What do I need to do to get this thing working again? Thank you for your help.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

1377x

your quad seal is probably shot
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

Quote from: 1377x on October 06, 2013, 05:32:30 PM
your quad seal is probably shot
That is what I'm thinking also. I just read a thread on Airgun1 by Lampy and he said that he has used a 008 o-ring in place of the Quad-ring. I might try that.

eric

what is it doing or not doing --- saying it isn't working means what ?? assuming you changed ALL the o-rings and ALL the seals then there shouldn't be a problem . does it hold a charge or is air escaping before a shot is fired. possible issues ... the qual seal is damaged, where the seal sits is damaged, the check valve is damaged/deformed ,the valve spring or hammer spring is toast .
qual seal is on the INSIDE
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

mudduck48

What gets me is, the gun worked for about 20 shots until I knocked the pump rod roll pin back in. Then it would only put one pump of air and any more pumps, you could hear the air coming out the barrel. I have taken the thing completely apart and change the o-rings. I have put the bottom halve back together and pump it, it is not holding air. If it was "working", it would be holding air and it is not.