• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Taco Hold

Started by Bazmati2020, October 16, 2013, 12:42:03 PM

Bazmati2020

I use my 2300T for pistol HFT and when using the stance/hold that all scope users seem to use at my club I'm not doing great  :-[ that hold is resting pistol in crook of elbow of weaker hand and with the weaker hand griping the shoulder or clothes.

So I  searching I found the Taco hold, today I've given it a try at home (40 shots) and I get a sense of optimism that it may work for me.  Definitely managed to get close to poa, although to begin with I was hitting low (zero checked from rested and dead on) but after 20 or so I think I was getting the hang of it.

So here's hoping it can transition to outdoors and bigger distances. :-*

1377x

the more comfortable the hold the steadier you are the better the shooting gets
lots of practice knowing your gun and your ability to control it goes the distance :-*
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Quote from: 1377x on October 16, 2013, 04:55:55 PM
the more comfortable the hold the steadier you are the better the shooting gets
lots of practice knowing your gun and your ability to control it goes the distance :-*

That is the key ...  good call Ed ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Baz... sounds like your on to a new and better hold, just check your scope mounts for rigidity and tightness as the taco-hold tends to rely on that as an extension of the gun and some scopes and mounts aren't up to the task over the long haul. :-*
Brian

quickster47 †

Been using the Taco Hold for some time, couple of years, and really like it because it works well for me.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on October 16, 2013, 11:20:29 PM
Been using the Taco Hold for some time, couple of years, and really like it because it works well for me.

Carl

I remember when you had a post on that Carl.                       
                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 17, 2013, 03:31:57 AM
I remember when you had a post on that Carl.                       
                                Mike

Even included a video that showed the technique even though the shooter was using a powder burner.  If your gun is set up correctly the Taco Hold works well.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

woody67

I make my tacos with these shells:

http://www.missionmenus.com/pressroom/ourproducts.aspx?t=436&id=6398

It makes the entire experience much better than a folded taco. Cook the meat, throw some cheese on the shells, sprinkle with meat, cook...when they are done just add your sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc., and eat without risk of the whole thing collapsing on you.

Had them last night. Next time i will make a video to show you all how i do the taco hold....

:D ;D :D ;D

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: woody67 on October 17, 2013, 03:05:39 PM

It makes the entire experience much better than a folded taco. Cook the meat, throw some cheese on the shells, sprinkle with meat, cook...when they are done just add your sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc., and eat without risk of the whole thing collapsing on you.

Had them last night. Next time i will make a video to show you all how i do the taco hold....

;D ;D ;D Some howI knew this was coming!! ;D ;D

BDS

A little Taco humor  :D  ;D
Brian

Crosshairs

I was going to say that must get messy after a few shots.  ;D
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

As it was predestined to do, sooner or later I expected it would go way off topic.  ;D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Tater

Quote from: woody67 on October 17, 2013, 03:05:39 PM

Wouldn't that be the "Tostada hold"?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Brian

Trophyhunter49

Ok back on track now!! Is the Taco Hold considered a one handed of two handed ??? ??? ??? Me I would call it a two handed but that's me!