• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

JSB Diablo RS 13.4 vs Crosman 14.3 HP

Started by Hunter2011, October 19, 2013, 10:55:39 AM

Hunter2011

Who have experience with both pellets in a 2240?
I just want to compare accuracy and fps. Preferably in a standard 2240. Modified 2240 owners may also reply :)
I have bought Gamo wadcutters and the Crosman Premiers so far but want to know if the JSB's will be worth it.

arkmaker †

For all the great things that I have heard about the jsb line of pellets, I still have not tried any yet  ???
That said I have had really good results with RWS super domes and Crosman ultra mags. Both are very consistent  shaped and no fliers in my 22xx shooters. Half the cost of jsb's too  :-*   At some point I'll spring for them, but lately I have been reading on the yellow about bad quality issues coming out of their factory. A bunch of freaked out shooters over there because of it.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Rualert

Sorry I cn't directly speak for them yet, but I should have some data by no later than Monday night. I have JSB 15.89's and 18.1's I will run some through a stock 2240, and a modded one too. I'm currently at 4-H pistol instructor training, so I can't try these out right now for you. I can tell you that in my AirForce Talon SS in 22 they are the cats meow. 3/8" 5 shot groups at 45 yards.

Hope that might give a little insight, oh, all of the Air Force shooter recommend keeping them under the 900 - 950 FPS range for max accuracy. This hve proven true in mine.

Casey

Hunter2011

I have seen that in .177 the 8.44 grain Jsb's shoot faster than other brands, even if they are lighter. I know in my PCP airgun the 8.44 JSB's shoot on average 20 fps faster than lighter 7.9 grain Crosman pellets.
I then thought if it might be the same for the 2240, then shooting JSB's can count as a power upgrade lol. I figured that a hollow probe for example will not give you more speed really than a simple upgrade in pellets, if they will shoot better than the Crosmans. I'm not saying I won't get the upgrades as well, but if a specific pellet can also give you more speed, power and accuracy, then why not?

bgmcgee

All the jsb pellets I have shot out of my bnm2240 shoot way better than cphp's They even group better than the crosman premier brown box. Might have to get some rws domes to check out. I have ran a few meisterkuglen wadcutters through it and those shoot veey consistent.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"