• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

How Many Pumps and How Much Time!?

Started by BDS, November 11, 2013, 10:08:17 PM

woody67

Quote from: onebaddj on November 13, 2013, 01:22:26 AM
ive pumped mine up to 20 pumps but anything after 15 held air and anything after 12 realy did nothing for the efforts. i do have a stock hammer sprig though so it could get higher velocity but i dont like the effort of pumping it that much. read one thread where a guy pumped his 50 times i think it was. i laughed cause of how hard that had to be. gotta applaud the guy for his sfferts. that had to be hard.

Here is the vid and the post thread. I dont know if the vid will open...
why would you want to?
To see what the f happens!

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=5311.0

woody67

Quote from: onebaddj on November 13, 2013, 01:22:26 AM
ive pumped mine up to 20 pumps but anything after 15 held air and anything after 12 realy did nothing for the efforts. i do have a stock hammer sprig though so it could get higher velocity but i dont like the effort of pumping it that much. read one thread where a guy pumped his 50 times i think it was. i laughed cause of how hard that had to be. gotta applaud the guy for his sfferts. that had to be hard.

Here is the vid and the post thread. I dont know if the vid will open...
why would you want to?
To see what the f happens!

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=5311.0

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

onebaddj

thats the thread! cant get the video to work though. what hammer spring are you running and how hard is that thing to cock?
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

woody67

Quote from: onebaddj on November 13, 2013, 12:12:33 PM
thats the thread! cant get the video to work though. what hammer spring are you running and how hard is that thing to cock?

I dont remember exactly what springs...i found them in a hardware store.
It wasnt hard to cock at all..the hammer spring wasnt really that heavy. The main thing was to put a very light spring in the valve in combination with the heavier hammer spring. You might get away with only changing rhe valve spring, if you are trying to dump all the air on one shot.

You could put a stiffer one if you wanted to try to go for 2 shots per pump series.
That would be interesting....
Probably a lot of work, but it would be awesome to see it done properly!

millipede

when i first got into all this i pumped my 1377s ALOT. up to 40 pumps and i even built one with an external reservoir for an air conserving project. The reservoir was huge and took about 400 pumps to fill it. I learned something important though: OVERPUMPING IS BAD FOR THE GUN. lots of things go wrong and need replaced. 15 pumps should be everyones limit with these things, even with steel pins and properly adjusted pistons..

woody67

Quote from: millipede on November 17, 2013, 06:57:03 PM
when i first got into all this i pumped my 1377s ALOT. up to 40 pumps and i even built one with an external reservoir for an air conserving project. The reservoir was huge and took about 400 pumps to fill it. I learned something important though: OVERPUMPING IS BAD FOR THE GUN. lots of things go wrong and need replaced. 15 pumps should be everyones limit with these things, even with steel pins and properly adjusted pistons..

Very good point.
I dont like to pump...let alone 40 times for one shot!
I only have pcp guns...no pumpers in my house except a pink 760.

K.O.

My stock PC77 is about 505 fps at 10 pumps with no gains  at 12 or 15 pumps  that is with 7.4g pointed with ultra mag 10.5g  it drops  to 420 at 10 pumps and climbs back to 470 at 15 pumps.

my 2100 well it only likes the 7.4g pointed  and pumping past 10 does not make gains.  I just picked up some hollow point premiers and for some reason in it they shoot almost as low as the ultra mag 10.5g. ??? ??? ???  I did not expect that...   

At this time over pumping even just to 15 pumps only makes sense in one case with my guns.

Once I enlarge the valve volume I will need to pump more but will be working with the same pressures and feel there will be very little extra wear.
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)