Assembly help

Started by kraaash, November 14, 2013, 06:53:36 AM

kraaash

Quote from: rangerfredbob on November 14, 2013, 09:24:06 PM
You just need to smooth at the end of where you drilled, not where the O ring seats, just past that, I bet there's a sharp edge there that is catching the pellets

i dont think this would work because the catch point is right where the o ring sits and the barrel opens. to get a tapper where I need i would have to have a way to add material back .. ill post a pic

kraaash

can you take the breech and barrel off while the c02 is still in the tube?

woody67

ped

this is the type of reamer i'm using they're pretty soft so it will only do a couple of barrels and you do need to polish the leade a fair bit to get the marks out but it gets you in the right ball park i get the leade right before drilling the port
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAPERED-HAND-REAMER-DEBURRER-for-3mm-to-12mm-diameter-/251372020416?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a86f0a2c0#ht_1139wt_779
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

Quote from: kraaash on November 15, 2013, 02:58:34 AM
can you take the breech and barrel off while the c02 is still in the tube?

Yes but, why would you want to? Handling any device that has 800+ psi in it while it is being disassembled is a bad plan IMO.
Brian

rangerfredbob

That's true BDS, but with the way these are built the risk is pretty low if the safety is off and the hammer isn't cocked, nothing above the tube has anything to do with holding pressure... just as dangerous as handling it assembled...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

woody67

Even if you cock the hammer and pull the trigger, you just get a blast of air that goes straight up. Absolutely no difference than it blasting straight out of the barrel.

People do this all the time. Ive done it with my marauders countless times while tuning and installing orings etc.
It is not unsafe to take the breech off while a co2 cartridge is in.

Might as not well not even own one based on your advise.

kraaash

How do I post a pic from photobucket? I have a few more problems I'm afraid

kraaash

Mm got it... So first question is about this Mellonair prob.. It seats a bit different than the stock one shown next to it, it's a bit bigger, is this as it should be? This is suppose to be for 177

kraaash

The other question I have is a breech problem, it doesn't sit all the way down towards the front, although it doesn't seem to have any air escape.

kraaash

Third question.. I think my valve also from Mellonair is messed up.. I have it where it needs to be for the grip frame and screw to install and the outlet hole is off on an angle from the tube hole.. By a lot, am I going to be able to get this to work?

K.O.

I think the valve misalignment is  from Crosman my 1322 valve was slightly off also. but not as bad.
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

kraaash

Quote from: K.O. on November 20, 2013, 10:21:51 PM
I think the valve misalignment is  from Crosman my 1322 valve was slightly off also. but not as bad.

The valve is a flat top I ordered from Mellon

woody67

Every valve i have ggotten from mellon has been off like that.
He told me to twist it back/unscrew it just a bit and it should line up and work perfectly..if it doesnt im sure he will send you one that works.

Can you tighten down the front screw in the breech(where the pellet gets loaded)? That should tighten down the breech. Sometimes i clamp it before tigtening. Could be that the mis alligned valve is causing the transfer port to not seat correctly, resulting in keeping the breech from tightening down correctly.

kraaash

Quote from: woody67 on November 21, 2013, 03:21:55 AM
Every valve i have ggotten from mellon has been off like that.
He told me to twist it back/unscrew it just a bit and it should line up and work perfectly..if it doesnt im sure he will send you one that works.

Can you tighten down the front screw in the breech(where the pellet gets loaded)? That should tighten down the breech. Sometimes i clamp it before tigtening. Could be that the mis alligned valve is causing the transfer port to not seat correctly, resulting in keeping the breech from tightening down correctly.

Thx.. Should the mellonair prob be so much firmer to seat in? The stock one slides all the way in.