• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Scope cant

Started by Paul55, November 22, 2013, 04:29:24 PM

Paul55

I've just finished kitting on of my 2240's with a 10.5" .177 barrel & probe & after remounting the breech & pistol scope I thought I saw the scope was canted a wee bit to the left.  I didn't bother too much with it as I thought it was my eyes.  Taking it outside for a practice & I was making a nice ragged hole around .5" diameter, but off the left hand side of my aim point.  No matter what I did all the pellets ended up left, but accurate?? 

I was doing some checking on the web, thinking this must be a parallax error & I've found it's phenomonon that commonly called false wind.  If you tilt left, the shots go left & vice versa.

I'm going to recentre the breech.  The real upside is that I've learned something new  :-*

It's made my day.

targettgii

I noticed the same thing on my 2240 that my scope cants to the left.Hopefully when I change the rings to bkls that will change.It shoots great but I can't stand looking at that scope leaning to the left.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

woody67

I just acquired a small bubble level...i put it on all of my guns, and theyre all slightly off.
Even when you get the scope level, tightening down the screws in the mounts throws it off just a bit. With the level on top of the scope it took me at least ten minutes to get it perfect.

Crosshairs

I think it's just the way the dovetail was milled.
                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Paul55

In the end I just rotated the scope in the rings to get the crosshairs level.  I won't look too closeley anymore as I'll drive myself nuts  :D

bgmcgee

Quote from: Paul55 on November 23, 2013, 02:59:27 PM
In the end I just rotated the scope in the rings to get the crosshairs level.  I won't look too closeley anymore as I'll drive myself nuts  :D
That's pretty much what I do too. Get the gun level then level the scope.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"