• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Trail np pistol barrel removeal ?

Started by brz-ryder †, December 22, 2013, 07:18:28 AM

brz-ryder †

Does anyone know how to remove the barrel on this thing? My daughter wasn`t happy with me putting it away and buying new guns told my to see if i could find out whats wrong and one thing i think is it needs a new barrel with the size of the flat they cut on  the barrel imo if the tooling was getting dull it squeezed the barrel . When i removed the muzzle brake site i found a skid  mark on the bottom of it seems the pellet after leaving the barrel was goin down and skipped off the break would like to take this barrel off and make a new one for it

Jim

p.s. i tried to get a pic of the skid mark but none of the pics turned out
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

brz-ryder †

Emailed Crosman about how to remove the barrel and if they had a replacement with out the big flat and got this reply
James,
I am sorry to hear about he issue you are currently having with the pistol.  However we do not have parts until the gun has been out for 1 year.  If you would like you could always ship the gun to us under the 1 year warranty and we will be more than happy to have our tech check the gun out.
plus siad if i wanted to send it back i could only use UPS or Fedx as they can`t track USPS what a crock they just don`t want it back unless i paid a lot more money to send it

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

airriflenut

brz-Ryder,

My condolences for having bought anything "nitro trail np"!!  I bought the rifle version in .177 last year, it now sits in the corner of a cluttered closet collecting dust...when spring arrives it will likely be used as a trot-line weight!!!  I hate the damn thing!!!

It would only give shotgun patterns instead of rifle groups.  I tried countless pellets...heavy to light, cheap to expensive.  Rarely would I get two shots into a 1" bull and that was at 25 freakin yards!!

The barrel did not lock up tight against the compression tube, had a few .001"'s of play.  I did a major overhaul of ALL lock-up parts.  Got rid of the play and it shot "decent" for a very short time then back to the same old crap.  Made Delrin bushings...no effect.  Made a Delrin "harmonic" sleeve for the barrel, could adjust to any point on the barrel under the shroud, shot a few pellets pretty good then back to a worthless piece of junk.

The last attempt to try and get it to shoot I was going to remove the barrel, chuck it in my wood lathe and re-crown it.  Even after drifting out the barrel locking pin (the small pin in the breech block) I still could NOT get the barrel out.  The breech block was locked in a vise and I was at a "screw this junk" point and locked onto the barrel with vise grips and it would not budge one freakin .001".

With all that off my chest I wish you the best of luck in getting the issue remedied.  Please let me know if they (Crosman) fix their very poor QC product.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

BDS

Oh boy...  :-X More Benji Trail (rifle, pistol, all the same) woes.

This is a simple problem to break down, made and assembled in China

The pistol is hopeless, ID to OD of barrel is not concentric, cylindricity and rifling are questionable and breech and crown look like they were "crafted" with a cold chisel. That gun will never shoot correctly. The Trail rifles? Junkers from day one IMO. The 1000's of posts across the forums for the past 5 years attest to that. The funniest posts are on the "Chi-gun" forums where at post #163, the poor gun owner finally claims victory after he put in a new barrel, spring, trigger, bushings, seals and hinge pin  :D All that's missing is a new stock! ;D

The Germans make the best spring guns and even their lower end stuff is barley usable, the Chinese don't have a prayer of making this stuff at the cost required and Crosman just takes the volume $$ that the mass marketed, low end guns deliver to them.
Brian