• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Love my 1377

Started by Moonray13, January 06, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

Moonray13

Hey Folks -- I'm not going to tell you anything you don't already know, but the Crosman 1377 is awesome.  :)

I've had it (and a Daisy 880)for about two weeks now and I love it. I'm consistently hitting the Do-All Airgun Pro Auto Reset targets at about 35 feet. Took me a little while to get the AWFUL sights dialed in, and it still shoots consistently high so I've had to adjust my sight picture, but overall this is an impressive gun.

I've been thinking about modding ever since I first started reading the forums, but I'm not sure yet. Hard to justify spending twice as much as the gun costs to improve the sights when just compensating for them in my shooting technique is getting me pretty good results.

Anyway, I'm pretty new here and just wanted to brag a little bit about my new baby. I'm a genuine noob, so feel free to offer advice and insight.

Cheers.
Ray
Ray

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
-- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Trophyhunter49

:)  Welcome Ray  :)  It sounds like the BUG has bitten and there is NO cure for it either LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D Just hide your wallet and cut up your  C Cs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

vertguy

Quote from: Moonray13 on January 06, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

I've been thinking about modding ever since I first started reading the forums, but I'm not sure yet. Hard to justify spending twice as much as the gun costs to improve the sights when just compensating for them in my shooting technique is getting me pretty good results.

Welcome to the modding madness. If you only manage to spend the twice the cost of the 1377 with mods, you are doing well  :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

Tater

Hi Ray, and welcome to CAPOF.
What I did (and many other before me) was the sand/grind down the bottom of the rear sight. Just make sure it is still flat afterward. That will bring your POI lower.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

onebaddj

welcome to the madness! dont want to spend twice the price of the pistol on parts, just order them 1 at a time. lol

i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: onebaddj on January 06, 2014, 09:39:29 PM
welcome to the madness! dont want to spend twice the price of the pistol on parts, just order them 1 at a time. lol
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KevinP

Welcome to the forum  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

T191032

Welcome Moonray,

Moonray wrote:
"I've been thinking about modding ever since I first started reading the forums, but I'm not sure yet. Hard to justify spending twice as much as the gun costs to improve the sights when just compensating for them in my shooting technique is getting me pretty good results."

Well . . .

That's a $60 Williams FP-GR aperture sight sitting on a $30 760 bought at Wal-Mart.  I broke the rear sight on the 760 and needed to "fix" the problem.  I used the best sight I had available to fix the problem.  Works pretty good too.  Upgrading/modding (to improve sights) is/can be worth it.

Before you think I'm biased,  check out the sights on "Mr. Black" (my 1377 on the left in this photo).

Yes, Factory sights  Works just fine for shooting 5M & 10M Comps when the shooter is up to the challenge.

"Mr. Purple" is wearing an Industry Brand Rear sight here.  It's ok, had to be modified a little bit, but works.

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

BillK

Welcome to the addiction Ray. There is a wealth of information, helpful people & temptation here.   
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

quickster47 †

Ray you got that right, the 1377 and all its' cousins are awesome guns.  Especially when it gets cold, like here where it is -6 degrees this morning.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Cross Pistol Packer

Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

seagullplayer

Just remember there are a lot more expensive addictions out there.

welcome
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

Flex

Moonray, Welcome to the "club"! I don't know if you're married or have a significant other, but it will be wise of you to memorize this sequence of words "at least I'm not sittin' down at the tavern all night" (or what ever it is you folks in Cal-i-forn-i-a call them) ;). I didn't start with the 1377 but I have 2 of them (so far) not to mention the others listed in my air gun armamentarium (see below). Trust me sir, this wil NOT be your only airgun!!! Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

rowiac

Moonray,

I too started with a 1377 a few years ago, but I am still a noob compared to most of the folks here. The initial low cost and inherent accuracy in the platform really got me hooked.

Speaking of low cost, there are a number of "free" things you can do that will improve the 1377. For example, polishing and lubing the trigger/sear contact points will smooth out the trigger action.

I have a lot of fun shooting mine, and it has helped me improve my powderburner pistol shooting on the rare occasions that I make it out to the range.
1377C
PC77

Trophyhunter49

:) Moonray,
    I started out with a 1377 and an old Crosman 1400 .22 cal. rifle I found dirt cheep! Now I a total of 25 Air Guns most of them Crosman and a few Daisys. Still buying more and doing more and more mods. All i can say is don't ever let your wife ever DEE ALL of them at one time LOL ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D