• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Love my 1377

Started by Moonray13, January 06, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

Moonray13

One thing is for sure: I'm not very handy and any mods will have to be easy. Doesn't look like the steel breech is very tough and I'm sure I could install a rear sighty easily enough at that point. Beyond that, I'm all thumbs. Can't see doing much more augmentation.
Ray

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
-- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Mark5043

Welcome to CAPOF Moonray.Glad to see you are enjoying your new 1377. 8) There are just so many things you can do them,that after chatting with the guys here,and seeing what they did to their guns,it was almost impossible for me to keep from modding... ;D Even mild,low cost mods improve this gun considerably,which will make your shooting experience that much more enjoyable.Whatever you fancy."From mild,to Wild"can be found here,and all of us can help you every step of the way.Another thing is that by modding,you get to find out exactly what makes them function,which enables you to troubleshoot,any mechanical issues you may have in the future...

Tater

Quote from: Moonray13 on January 11, 2014, 02:55:07 AM
One thing is for sure: I'm not very handy and any mods will have to be easy. Doesn't look like the steel breech is very tough and I'm sure I could install a rear sighty easily enough at that point. Beyond that, I'm all thumbs. Can't see doing much more augmentation.

I felt the same way as you and was nervous just putting on a steel breech. Once you start reading threads about people doing mods and how they did them, you'll realize there are several that are easy ones (ie. polishing the trigger, lighter springer). Just doing that was a HUGE improvement and all it took was some fine-grain sandpaper and a 0.50 cent spring from Ace Hardware. Experienced guys here will talk you through almost any mod, just start a thread if you ever get hung up.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: Moonray13 on January 11, 2014, 02:55:07 AM
Don't feel bad , I think everyone of here felt the same way. I know I did!  The 1st one I ever took a part ,I was on here all the time asking question after question.. Everbody jumped in there and helped me out.  There is a whole lot of knowledge here and they don't mind shareing it either.  Just ask and simeome will jump on it :)

fast14riot

Yeah, the factory sight is strange, mine still shoots high after filing the slot longer, filing the top of the blade down and doing the base.  I designed and made my own for my 1322, will make another for the 1377 here soon.

Trigger is as easy or as hard as you want it to be.  Simple is go to autozone and pick up some high grit wet/dry sand paper, smooth out all contact points and fully compress the spring on the shank of a screwdriver with a washer over it.  Hard (what I do anyways) involves recutting sear angle and height, machining a spring button to ride the sear, doming contact points, shimming out any play.  I have about 20oz triggers now, and pss the bump-test.

-Xander

T191032

"One thing is for sure: I'm not very handy and any mods will have to be easy."

I understand.  My motto around here is "ME+Tools = TROUBLE".  That is part of why I've never taken any of my airguns down very far.  But all the modded ones have been done, by me.   ;)  You shouldn't have a problem.  Some of the stuff you buy comes with instructions, and what doesn't, you can surf the net, or find the answers on focalized forums like CAPOF & the Green Forum.  Heck, I'm still learning stuff.

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

mudduck48

Quote from: Moonray13 on January 06, 2014, 08:08:21 PM
Hey Folks -- I'm not going to tell you anything you don't already know, but the Crosman 1377 is awesome.  :)

I've had it (and a Daisy 880)for about two weeks now and I love it. I'm consistently hitting the Do-All Airgun Pro Auto Reset targets at about 35 feet. Took me a little while to get the AWFUL sights dialed in, and it still shoots consistently high so I've had to adjust my sight picture, but overall this is an impressive gun.

I've been thinking about modding ever since I first started reading the forums, but I'm not sure yet. Hard to justify spending twice as much as the gun costs to improve the sights when just compensating for them in my shooting technique is getting me pretty good results.

Anyway, I'm pretty new here and just wanted to brag a little bit about my new baby. I'm a genuine noob, so feel free to offer advice and insight.

Cheers.
Ray
Do what? Hard to what? That is what we do here. I have over $300 in my 1322 and could do more. It will get better as you go along.  :-\ :-\
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 14, 2014, 02:58:51 AM
Do what? Hard to what? That is what we do here. I have over $300 in my 1322 and could do more. It will get better as you go along.  :-\ :-\
Oh how true ;) ;) ;D ;D If you add a Rubber Duck collection on top of that, WOW  Hide your bill fold ;D ;D ;D ;D

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: T191032 on January 07, 2014, 06:36:08 AM

"Mr. Purple" is wearing an Industry Brand Rear sight here.  It's ok, had to be modified a little bit, but works.

You've inspired me to try my industry sight that wasnt a good match on my 760.

BDS

Moonray said Hard to justify spending twice as much as the gun costs to improve the sights when just compensating for them in my shooting technique is getting me pretty good results.

How much? "twice"? Try 5x!  :o

Ah ha ha ha ha   :D  ;D
Brian

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: BDS on January 16, 2014, 12:06:48 AM
Moonray said Hard to justify spending twice as much as the gun costs to improve the sights when just compensating for them in my shooting technique is getting me pretty good results.

How much? "twice"? Try 5x!  :o

Ah ha ha ha ha   :D  ;D
Great lookin Shooter  :-*