• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Steel breech on the way

Started by Moonray13, January 26, 2014, 08:27:04 PM

Moonray13

Ordered the steel breech from Archer Airguns for my 1377. Came close to picking up a 4x32 rifle scope, too, since I'm gonna lose the rear sight upon install, but decided to wait. I've got a couple of cheapo 4x15 scopes lying around, so I'll give them a try and see if a traditional crosshair scope is what I want.

The bug has definitely bitten.  ;)
Ray

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
-- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

vertguy

Nice first mod. I did the same with my pumper, but unfortunately the modding just kept going  ;D
PC77
FX Verminator .22

K.O.

My first mod was a solid pivot pin from Davio which to me is a must,

my second was a steel breech and between the two it transforms an inexpensive plinker to a much more serious  piece of machinery and provides a

very solid platform to build upon.

Not to mention the improvements just to the look and feel...
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

T191032

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Moonray13

Steel breech arrived yesterday and I installed it today. Between the included instructions and the YouTube videos, I didn't have too much trouble. Replaced the screw under the hammer and rear plug with an allen-head screw for easier installation and removal (it actually was pretty mangled from the factory, probably because the rear sweep of the grip frame means you need a really short screw driver to get in there). Mounted a cheapo Daisy 4x15 scope on the new dovetails and she works like a charm. It's easily more accurate than my Daisy 880 at fifty feet and I'm guessing it will be even better with a decent scope. Backpacker pump arm and solid pivot pin are on the way, but the wife is growing suspicious of the shrinking bank account, so I might have to wait a minute for the next mod.

Cheers.
Ray

Ray

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Trophyhunter49

;D ;D ;D  This is what happens when you get bitten  ;D ;D ;D ;D

crossliner

Noah

Great start, indeed!

If that were my gun, I would also:

Beef up the guts (outsourced, of course)
Get a new barrel band, maybe even one from Blue Fork or Michael (can't spell his last name and don't want to insult him)
A new set of wood grips
Get a TKO shroud with a really small pin/needle front sight
Hit the shootin cabin!!!

Welcome to the club, watch your wallet/bank account and have fun along your journey!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

targettgii

That is looking real good so far Ray. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Flex

Quote from: Moonray13 on January 26, 2014, 08:27:04 PM
Ordered the steel breech from Archer Airguns for my 1377. Came close to picking up a 4x32 rifle scope, too, since I'm gonna lose the rear sight upon install, but decided to wait. I've got a couple of cheapo 4x15 scopes lying around, so I'll give them a try and see if a traditional crosshair scope is what I want.

The bug has definitely bitten.  ;)
Solid choice on the steel breech upgrade! I've put one on 4 of my Crosman airguns. Not sure if it's to be considered much of a "performance" upgrade but, as mentioned in another reply, the overall look and feel is worth the expense.
I put a "cheapo" 4x20 Gamo scope on my 2289 and I like that combo. I put a Daisy Electronic Point Sight on my 1377 and I'm VERY happy with how that worked out!

These scopes can't be considered "match grade" by any stretch of the imagination nor are they very durable. They have increased my "Fun Factor" a great deal tho and that, to me, is what it's all about.
In addition to the solid pivot pin mod (I have one waiting to be installed), trigger tweaking is a quick and relatively easy mod that most everyone eventually does to their airguns. This forum is awash with ways to accomplish a trigger mod.
RE: your comment about the local "Fun Police" monitoring the negative cash flow in your bank account, might I suggest getting as many upgrade components as possible from Crosman. Use the aftermarket firms for the stuff that Crosman doesn't carry. This is especially true for "upgrades" that are components of other Crosman products. Crosman prices are generally lower and S & H is a flat rate $4. The exceptions to this rule include springs, most screws and most O-rings. Those are generally available at local hardware stores for ~1/4 to 1/3 of the cost. You have to know what you're looking for tho. Again, this forum is full of info in this area.
Good luck with your new illness ;).
Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Moonray13

Thanks, Flex. I have my solid pivot pin and backpacker pump arm waiting for install this weekend. The cheap scope on the 1377 has definitely helped the fun factor, but I'm convinced a decent 4x32 will be a marked improvement. I'll be on the lookout for a longer barrel and new barrel band in the future, and I'll definitely look to Crosman. May as well get the cheaper brand name stuff when it's available.

By the way, what are those bands on your rifle stocks?
Ray

crossliner

Quote from: Moonray13 on February 06, 2014, 03:28:14 AM
Thanks, Flex. I have my solid pivot pin and backpacker pump arm waiting for install this weekend. The cheap scope on the 1377 has definitely helped the fun factor, but I'm convinced a decent 4x32 will be a marked improvement. I'll be on the lookout for a longer barrel and new barrel band in the future, and I'll definitely look to Crosman. May as well get the cheaper brand name stuff when it's available.

They look like elbow or thigh sleeves. Installed one on mine too..

Flex

Quote from: Moonray13 on February 06, 2014, 03:28:14 AM

They are your basic butt stock shot shell holder!

They are nice for being able to hold some extra shooting supplies like pellets, a pull-thru bore cleaner etc. In the case of guns of the 2240 ilk, they can hold a few extra CO2 carts.

It's also possible to store  stuff in the space inside like a pair of shooting glasses. They're generally around $5 at most any place that sells shooting supplies (including WalMart). Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol