• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Daisy 880

Started by jSan22, February 07, 2014, 05:30:17 AM

jSan22

I bought a daisy 880 today. I wanted something blast some starlings with, since the snow has them on the move and ready to swoop down on food.
I had a bit of problem getting it to fire, but I got it running. First shot, it hit very low. I threw the 3-9x40 on there and sighted it in with cheap daisy wadcutters.
Its cheap, the gun is quite light and full o plastic. The pumping louder than 1322, and makes my hand sore. But the gun is reasonably powerful and accurate.

onebaddj

880 are good bang for the buck pumpers. i have had mine for 24 yrs now. still shoots good and can take down smaller feathered critters. should be perfet for what your doing.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

tnpaw

WallyWorld was having a sale back in the fall! I bought one and it had to much plastic in it! Couldn't get it to shoot Consistantly! Returned it ! Then bought an Old One from a Pawn Shop in Ohio that rebuilds them! As much difference as night and day! A pleasure to have and shoot!

T191032

Quote from: tnpaw on February 07, 2014, 09:27:00 PM
WallyWorld was having a sale back in the fall!

Yeah, they usually do pre-Christmas.  I've looked at them, but given that I much prefer Crosman, never bought one.  Went with the 953 TargetPros, as far as more up-to-date Daisys.  I still remember seeing the barrel of the 856F come flying out when I was shooting it one day.  :(
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

onebaddj

i had a daisy pumper do the same thing!  the front sight was the only thing that held it in and it came loose. when i pulled the trigger the front sight and barrel flew out. my brother and frined couldnt stop laughing at me. i returned it for my 880.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

crossliner

Quote from: onebaddj on February 08, 2014, 02:00:33 AM
i had a daisy pumper do the same thing!  the front sight was the only thing that held it in and it came loose. when i pulled the trigger the front sight and barrel flew out. my brother and frined couldnt stop laughing at me. i returned it for my 880.

The barrel must have had some decent FPE lol! That thing should be called a barrel and not a pellet gun  :D

jSan22

After some time of shooting, I figured I could fix up the accuracy a bit.  I added a simpler 6x compact with a one piece mount, and a muzzle brake off a titan NP. When I lopped out the sight, I saw the ridiculously thin barrel. What kind of person does this?
It seems to shoot good. I may try to work on lining up the barrel with the break, just to be sure.