• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Strange Crosman Ad

Started by BDS, February 07, 2014, 08:10:25 PM

fasteddy

It's a reference to the traditional phrase used during the ascension of a new king (the king is dead, long live the king!... Le roi est mort, vive le roi!)... it isn't disrespectful of the old king (he was the father of the new king, after all, and just died), but it proclaims that his son continues to rule, all in one sentence (hence the string of the monarch's reign is never broken).

Hence, re-applied to the M-Rod, it just means the old one was the king, and his son is now the new king... so no disrespect!

soolio

Quote from: fasteddy on February 08, 2014, 11:55:11 PM
It's a reference to the traditional phrase used during the ascension of a new king (the king is dead, long live the king!... Le roi est mort, vive le roi!)... it isn't disrespectful of the old king (he was the father of the new king, after all, and just died), but it proclaims that his son continues to rule, all in one sentence (hence the string of the monarch's reign is never broken).

Hence, re-applied to the M-Rod, it just means the old one was the king, and his son is now the new king... so no disrespect!

Exactly fasteddy!!!!! Rock&Roll is dead, Punk is dead, Hip Hop is dead, and so on...that new marauder looks really sweet!

mudduck48

Burrrrrp. Pass me another beer please, while I read this thread again. Bye, bye, birdy. Splat! :o
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

KevinP

Quote from: mudduck48 on August 19, 2015, 05:12:57 AM
Burrrrrp. Pass me another beer please, while I read this thread again. Bye, bye, birdy. Splat! :o

;D ;D :D
Kevin
Albany, New York

beerhippy

Quote from: BDS on February 07, 2014, 08:49:29 PM
We may be just a few of the CAPOF team old enough to remember that, and the Edsel too. Long live push-button shifters!

Had a '63' Plymouth Belvedere with a push button trans.  Had it out on a moonlit wet hayfield one night.  Wind it up in low, crank the wheel, push drive and it's like the tilt-a-whirl.  The girls really liked that action.
Man, that was close!

mudduck48

Now if you could have found the girl button to push. ;) ;)

Dies ist kein normales Gespräch für eine Ente.  :)
Stranded in California.

mudduck48

This is less normal conversation for someone, duck? ???