• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

CRUMB BUMBS

Started by mudduck48, February 22, 2014, 04:46:29 PM

mudduck48

Yesterday after noon I went to shoot my 38T, first shot, POP then PSSSSSSSSSSSSS. The gas that was left in the cart leaked out. So, dummy me, I put a new cart in, tighten it down and PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST. The whole cart is gone. I have these parts I bought a while back, but I'm leary about working on revolvers. Going to have to do a lot of research.  ;) 
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

T191032

Look at it this way Mr Duck, you verified with that second Powerlet.

Good luck, happy re-sealing!
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

bgmcgee

Redundant affirmation ;D. Go for the repair Duck. You can do it. Take pictures of the steps on the tear down that's helped me a many of times. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BillK

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

Thank you for the info.  ;)

Colt25

The good news is, crosman revolvers are a very basic design and easy to put back together.
The bad news is, they are a pain in the a$$ to seal back up!
I wish you the best of luck, and may the reseal gods be with you  :)

mudduck48

Wonder full, my words of encouragement. I have been looking and found a blog where this guy made a new copper tube. Went through all of  that and it still leaked. 

Colt25

Quote from: mudduck48 on February 23, 2014, 03:48:40 PM
Wonder full, my words of encouragement. I have been looking and found a blog where this guy made a new copper tube. Went through all of  that and it still leaked.

The guys at Another Airgun Blog know what their doing, if you need help feel free to ask them. I'm sure they can help you because they have done it before lots of times.

arkmaker †

I look at this way.........it won't shoot now anyway, so why not dig in? Worst case is that you will have to send it off for repairs and pay the $$. Best case is you fix it yourself for your time and effort along with a few seals  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

^^^Yup and ya never know till you try.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

arkmaker †

Oh, a couple of tips......
-always remove the covers very gently and watch for flying springs.
-take pics once covers are removed, before you touch anything. different angles help during re-assembly.

Taking the covers off gently doesn't alway work without disturbing something, but trust me, a picture is worth a 1000 words, especially if you get distracted and can't re-assemble right away.
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Thanks for the support. I have been looking at the blogs on how to take this apart and I think I will get brave and try it. I am getting really good a repairing the pumpers, 130,1300 etc. Now I need to jump into this revolver. Bums  me out that I could not use it in the comps this month. O-WELL.  ;D ;D ;D

Tater

I have faith that you'll get it shooting good. I've seen some of your other work in different threads.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

arkmaker †

And they are suppose to be pretty good shooters  :-* :-*

mudduck48

OK, what did you use to get the valve apart? ??? This is the valve out of one of my 357/6 revolvers. I haven't taken the 38T apart yet, but I'm thinking that these two nuts are just about the same. What do you use??