• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Close but no cigar

Started by AS13, February 27, 2014, 08:20:38 PM

AS13

Took the Simmons red dot off my 2240 and put it back on my 2400KT.  Still trying for that elusive 5-shot one hole group I gave it a go. First two shots on the right of bull was prior to sight adjustment. After adjustment I was on a roll...Until shot number five :-X Dam I was off :(  Oh well. I'll take it...Maybe next time ;D

Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

breakfastchef

It might happen and it might not. One hole groups are not as easy as some would lead you to believe, and rarely occur on consecutive targets. There is always some amount of variation to a shot group (i.e. you, pellets, guns, moon in wrong phase, etc.). I think you have that airgun dialed in perfectly and would be rather proud of the result.
Larry

AS13

;) I agree...But it's fun to try :D Still to much snow and cold to go outside. Another few months and it will melt and warm up.  I'm calling the 2400 done for now. My next accuracy test is on the 2240. I would like to get a bit more distance inside but can't (small apartment).
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

OrbeaRider70

Even with my best German rifles I get the one that makes a ragged one hole touching group a bust.  Thing is, it is still insanely accurate in the grand scheme of things!  Congrats on your groupings!

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York