• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My 1377 and pest control

Started by kev02, March 01, 2014, 06:38:21 PM

kev02

I have just finished modding my 1377 and I must admit it looks and shoots great, I use RWS R10 for target shooting in the garden.
im going to be doing a little pest contol as there are alotments behind my garden and I get the odd rat. What pellets should I use flat heads or domed ones,
atb kev02 :-*

mudduck48

They say for hunting, use the domed pellets. That is what I used to use in my Daisy 922, worked great.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

JMJinNC

I use JSB Exacts.  Crosman Destroyers are also very good at shorter ranges.

JMJ
John

floydlong

The Crosman Destroyer EX are amazingly accurate out to about 25 yards. A 1 inch group is easy with my qb78. If your gun likes them they are super hunters.
Another good thing is Wally World has them for 2.97 per tin. I buy my local WW out..:)

JMJinNC

Agree. I have both the Destroyer (at Pyramyd Air) and Destroyer EX (at Walmart, slightly lighter, higher speed). Same shape (pointed hollow-point hybrid), different weight. Both are great for hunting (excellent penetration and expansion) and surprisingly accurate considering the shape & price. Forgot to mention the JSB Exacts are domed, and offer extreme penetration but a narrow wound channel.

JMJ
John

1377x

I use crow mags, destroyer ex,jsb exact jumbo at short distances they all do the job right. At longer distances then i'll use the jsb because its a dome pellet
closed mouths dont get fed

seagullplayer

I normally shoot the destroyers in my 1377, I have taken tree rats with it, I am sure they will take a ground rat!

My shoots these and the pointed pellets the same at 20 yards, no scope changes.   :-*
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

NoviceGunnar

I like Crosman pointed. Does the trick quite well!

Stonykill

I like either the crosman boxed domes 10.5 or the destroyer ex's others have mentioned. In my 1322 I use CPHP's.
got a few

KevinP

I use CPHP most of the time .....   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Stonykill

cheap easy to get reliable ammo .  :-*
got a few

floydlong

It's amazing how accurate the Crosman Destroyer EX pellets are. My QB78 loves them best. But for close up hunting around metal buildings I use Crosman Match wad cutters. Yesterday my friend invited me over to take out two pair of nesting pigeons in his storage facility. I say facility cause most folk have a storage building say 20x40 at most. My friends "facility" is 56x78 and has huge metal beams under the overhang. Anyways, we were shooting at a pellet trap waiting for the birds to arrive and as I was shooting the QB78 one landed about 20 yds away on a beam. I put the crosshairs in her eye and released the pellet. That bird dropped like a rock. It was the wad cutter. If you miss.....(who me?) the wad cutter won't pierce the thick metal, and in fact does less damage than the pointed.  Yes, I bought my Wally World out of the destroyers also. Great pellet for the price.