• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Loading pellets under a scope

Started by Mort Canard, April 06, 2014, 02:56:35 PM

Mort Canard

I have a 1377 with a steel breech and a scope mounted on top.  I did not have much trouble fumbling pellets into the breech before mounting the scope but it's kind of hit and miss now that I have the scope sitting on top of the breech.  I have one of the Crosman pellet pens and that helps but about a third of the pellets flip around the wrong way when they drop in.  I will admit to having somewhat large hands with fleshy fingers. 

Does anyone have any special tricks to easily load pellets under a scope body?
Benji Trail NP Pistol
Crosman 1377

bgmcgee

Pretty much trial and error.  I go through the same thing with my 1320. I try to just lay the pellet on the ledge of the loading port then ease it in holding it with the tip of my finger if that makes ane sense to you at all.  ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

farrlarr

bgmcgee's method is the best I have found.  Don't even try to put the pellet into the breech, just lay the pellet, in the proper orientation, beside the breech and then roll it into the breech with the tip of your finger.  Doing it that way, guiding it carefully, I very occasionally have one end up turned the wrong way but they are right 99.9% of the time.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

KevinP

tipping the muzzle toward the ground works for me, I just drop it in  ...
Kevin
Albany, New York