• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Grip Frame Thoughts.

Started by Colt25, April 13, 2014, 05:09:17 AM

Colt25

Hey everyone! I've been thinking about making a 1377 plinker, but have it almost like a trainer for my target rifles. Will have a tippmann 98 stock, pump grip with rail for a sling stop or palm rest, peep sights, etc.

My question is, can I modify my .22 steel breech and bolt to .177? And I'm looking for an aftermarket grip frame that can take AR series grips (to have a match grip with thumb rest), like the crosmods one. But if I can find one cheaper that would be great!

Thanks!

Davio

Your breech is fine as is.  You will just need a new probe.  Your existing handle is good, too.  And of course a barrel to change caliber.
Check out Blue Fork designs (also a forum brother) for the AR style frame that will work with your parts.  :-*

And if you end up needing one of the shorter grip bolts and lock washer that the AR grips will require in the above mentioned frame, just holler and I will send you one.   :)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

Colt25

Quote from: Davio on April 13, 2014, 08:32:07 AM
Your breech is fine as is.  You will just need a new probe.  Your existing handle is good, too.  And of course a barrel to change caliber.
Check out Blue Fork designs (also a forum brother) for the AR style frame that will work with your parts.  :-*

And if you end up needing one of the shorter grip bolts and lock washer that the AR grips will require in the above mentioned frame, just holler and I will send you one.   :)

I'll check blue fork. I'm sure I can scrounge up a grip bolt, but thank you for the offer  :-*

Is there anyway to convert the .22 bolt handle to .177? I already have narrowed the probe. 

Bill L.

They use the same bolt handle :)
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

Colt25

No bashing on BlueFork, but I prefer the look of the Crosmods one better, and I imagine the flat and wider trigger would be nice since I'm going for that match rifle feel. Although I'm not going to be anywhere near a FWB 700 it'll still be a fun plinker.