• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

tube breech screw hole on Disco

Started by airriflenut, May 06, 2014, 02:12:30 PM

airriflenut

I apologize to everyone, I know there was a thread on breech screw hole locations, I can't find the thread.

Just a quick question.  Does the Disco tube have both front and rear breech screw holes, or just front or rear?

The Beast is going Disco this month or next!!!  Ooorah!!!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

airriflenut

Sterling

HappyHunter

My Disco tube came with both locations, but only the rear hole is threaded 4-48. Front hole is drilled but not tapped.
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

airriflenut

With luck the Disco tube I order will have both holes, if so I can use the current complete upper from the Beast.  I should order some 4-48 drills and taps to have on hand, I need some other drills and taps so I'll add them to the Victor Machinery order.

Thanks for the info guys.
Sterling

tinker

I have some Philips head 4-48 screws if you want a few.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

airriflenut

Quote from: tinker on May 07, 2014, 06:40:50 AM
I have some Philips head 4-48 screws if you want a few.

Glen

Thank you very kindly Glen!!  Just s couple would be nice to have for those "oh crap!!" moments in airgun moddery.  The short factory screws would be for the 2400KT and another build I want to do soon...either a 1740 or another 1377.

Being that the Beast has the BnA riser I will need a few longer 4-48 screws.  I need a couple more of the "safety detents" from McMaster, I will get a few longer 4-48 screws on that order.

Thank you you again Glen.
Sterling

Jauvesst

i seem to remember reading somewhere that the front breech hole is too large to tread 4-48. i cant be sure as i dont have a disco or tube to check but you might wanna check that out

tinker

Sterling,
  I have more than a few 1" long 4-48 screws, just trim to length.  The safety detent ball?  I get them at our hardware store.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

airriflenut

Quote from: tinker on May 07, 2014, 10:53:03 PM
Sterling,
  I have more than a few 1" long 4-48 screws, just trim to length.  The safety detent ball?  I get them at our hardware store.

Glen

I appreciate it much Glen!!  The safety....let me say this about my safety mod...I will NEVER have to worry about losing a tiny spring or ball ever again!!  And, the force needed to engage/disengage the safety has some adjustability to it.  I should have some pics of it it photobucket, I'll see if I can find them.
Sterling

airriflenut

Quote from: Jauvesst on May 07, 2014, 02:38:00 PM
i seem to remember reading somewhere that the front breech hole is too large to tread 4-48. i cant be sure as i dont have a disco or tube to check but you might wanna check that out

Thanks for the heads-up!  I'll check it with some drill shanks when I get it and see what size it is.  The rear screw is fine with me, just a nuisance to have to strip it down that far to get at the breech screw.

I think it would be nice to have an option for both screw locations in the breech and tube, I don't think I'm the only one that has stripped a screw or screw hole.  Redundancy would be nice.
Sterling