• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman Pellets in the Tin

Started by RetatCDude, May 30, 2014, 10:45:34 PM

RetatCDude

I always buy at least one tin when I go to Wally World.
I used to buy a brick of .22lr every time I went too.
(Good that I did)
Today I bought a tin of .22 HP.
I know there has been discussion from some of our members about how difficult it sometimes is to open these tins.
Today, I removed the cardboard and plastic wrapping and the tin opened by itself spilling the contents on to the towel covering my workbench.
I guess Crosman is reading our comments and not closing the tins properly.
Be careful when you open them.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Jauvesst

yeah some of those tins seem like they are almost welded shut while others almost come apart by themselves. i had a box of gamo wadcutters that i had to pry open with pliers not long ago

Flex

Did some shootin' with my daughter's beau over Memorial Day weekend. He had a tin of Crosman Destroyer pellets and it was a MAJOR project to get that tin open!!! Ended up getting it open after some serious "tapping" around the cover with a hammer. I had an issue with a tin a few weeks back that I had to use a rubber strap wrench and kitchen jar opener to get enough leverage to get it open. I thought these were isolated incidents until reading this post. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

mudduck48

I just received 6 tins of GAMO match from PA. 5 tins I can not open, 1 I can. I put my Sears strap wrench in my vice and take an old leather belt to get these things open.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BDS

They are all stamp formed threads and the dies are beaters. After 50-kajillion cans and lids, the threads no longer match and the plating is uneven at best = no "can" open :D ;D

I save the good ones and put a lil grease on the threads, the new ones, I just pry open and dump pellets into the old (good) ones.  :-*
Brian

Monkeydad1969

I got my PA order yesterday, and one of my Gamo Rockets tin would even tighten up until I took the pellets out, then it would close properly... :o
Joe
Aurora, CO.

KevinP

I have never had trouble with the crosman 22 tins, always have a bugger of a time with the 117 ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

twigboy

PA has a great way to safely ship pellet tins.  But other retailers don't (such as BPS) where the pellets explode out into the shipping box.  Maybe Crosman and others are making their tins tighter to meet the needs of the other shippers (not PA).