• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2260 COMMEMERATIVE TUBE QUICK QUESTION

Started by airriflenut, June 04, 2014, 04:20:15 PM

airriflenut

Is the 2260 COMMEMORATIVE tube roll-stamped or laser etched?  If laser etched is there a specific part number for it?  I've searched online for the info but no luck.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

BDS

Roll stamped on mine, I know, I filled the "2260 .22 cal." portion of the stamping with this...
Brian

airriflenut

Well crap!!!  I was hoping for laser etching, a new tube and Disco valve face would have been cheaper than just the HPA Sports extended valve face, which is STILL out of stock.  I guess I'll just have to wait for the HPA.
Sterling

tomykay12

Has that 2260 been out for a year? crosman imposed waiting period on parts availability for new products. Please forgive if you already know this, tk

BDS

The 2260 Comm. version is a combo of 1760, 2260 and Disco part numbers, I've bought several parts for mine, you just need to find it in the parts lists for those guns.

I even bought the tapered end plug that came out on the "Benjamin" version of this same gun at Pyramyd Air, its a 1760 branded part.
Brian

airriflenut

Quote from: tomykay12 on June 06, 2014, 06:50:08 PM
Has that 2260 been out for a year? crosman imposed waiting period on parts availability for new products. Please forgive if you already know this, tk

I didn't know that about Crosman, thanks for the info.  I already have a 2260 tube from a previous build but it is roll stamped.  I was hoping that being a commemorative gun it would be cheaper to buy a new tube than to wait for the $38 HPA extended face and just put as Disco face on the valve...it appears as though I'll have to wait for the HPA.
Sterling

BDS

Sterling... go to the PA site for the so-called "Sheridan" version of this gun, open the slide show and up-size it, I think those tubes are chem-etched, not rolled stamped. 

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Sheridan_2260MB_CO2_Rifle/3409

Not much has been said about this gun on our forum but, it's just a re-branded Benji/Cros 2260  :-*
Brian

airriflenut

Brian, thank you for the info and link.  First I have to go get a defrost heater for the refrigerator, swap bad for good then I might be left along long enough to check on this then go pin a valve so I can stick a Disco face on it and bulk-fill a 2250 pistol build, I'm just waiting for the breech riser to get here so I can finish the Disco conversion on my Beast rifle
Sterling

BDS

Ha ha ha  :D

I hate it when that happens!

Don't bother with the PA link, I went thru the pics and they only chem-etched the Sheridan brand on the right side, all else is roll-stamped.
Brian

airriflenut

Go figure...tease you on one side then gotcha on the other side.
Sterling

tomykay12

Too bad about that roll stamping... I just put a 2260 tube on a 2400kt, using a disco valve and the hpa thing. The roll stamping was so deep I could practically read it on the inside. The hpa thing is simple, but looks to be a quality part, and mine went together without a problem and is holding 2k just fine, tk