• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman vigilante trigger

Started by mudduck48, June 29, 2014, 04:51:48 PM

mudduck48

New Vigilante trigger pull, 6lbs+. I noticed that the sear sticks out and then the trigger pushes on it. Pushed the bottom of the sear in and could see where it catches on the hammer. HUMMMM? Took my Lyman trigger pull gauge and checked the pull, 6lbs +. Took my grease and a tooth pick and installed the grease in the notch on the sear. Put some where the trigger hits the sear. This grease I have is the slickest, bestest grease made. Mobile synthetic grease. Anyway, checked the trigger pull again and just greasing the sear, it reduced the pull to 4lbs 1oz. Tonight I'll put another cart in and see if that 2lbs off makes a difference.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

South Bay Dave

Would it help to teardown and polish the points of contact?

- Dave
Crazy, ...not stupid.

1377 mod. to Rifle

mudduck48

Quote from: South Bay Dave on June 29, 2014, 07:32:35 PM
Would it help to teardown and polish the points of contact?

- Dave
Of coarse it would, but this gun is still under a 30 warranty. After that,and it is still working, then, I will polish and shape, not now. ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tater

Nice improvement so far with just a lube job.   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Old Dog

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 29, 2014, 04:51:48 PM
New Vigilante trigger pull, 6lbs+. I noticed that the sear sticks out and then the trigger pushes on it. Pushed the bottom of the sear in and could see where it catches on the hammer. HUMMMM? Took my Lyman trigger pull gauge and checked the pull, 6lbs +. Took my grease and a tooth pick and installed the grease in the notch on the sear. Put some where the trigger hits the sear. This grease I have is the slickest, bestest grease made. Mobile synthetic grease. Anyway, checked the trigger pull again and just greasing the sear, it reduced the pull to 4lbs 1oz. Tonight I'll put another cart in and see if that 2lbs off makes a difference.

Sounds like a plan, the grease I use is Dow Corning 33 a silicone grease...

There was a thread recently about the cart seat in the Vigilante being a bit loose, mine is also, but ever so slightly, I can move it with my fingernail, though only tightened it till the nail bit went tight, the slot went from 9 to 10 o'clock or 3 to 4 with the other slot if one wishes...

HAPPY Sunday All :)

This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!