• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Gamo 650nm Red Laser Sight , anyone tried it ?

Started by DBOdude, October 12, 2014, 02:32:03 PM

DBOdude

seen this on the shelf at wally world for $17 ......

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?productID=352

is the laser stable enough for 10-25 yard paper punching with a steel breached 13xx ? my DBO/2289 will remain a pistol now since i have the walnut grips & forearm , but i need a cheap sighting setup .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Tater

Haven't tried one myself, but I'm curios as to how good it works too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

T191032

Well, according to the link, it comes with a .22 rail mounting setup, so if you're fairly stable enough, it should be.   ;)

"is the laser stable enough for"
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Bill L.

"Dot Size: 11.3 mm at 10 yds." That's a big dot for paper punching.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

BigErn

I have one on my Gamo V3, I like it. It has worked well for me for years.

DBOdude

i went and bought one . took off the weaver adapters and put in the dovetails ...... one hole on the threaded side was badly angled , i almost couldn't force it together , but i did . it's a bit cockeyed but i can't shoot till it stops raining . the dot looks bright on walls inside . going outside i can't see it at all on the white paper of ny targets 27 yards out and it's pretty overcast here . i need to move the rack closer anyway so if it stops and i have time tomorrow i'll move it to 10-15 yards and see how it does . but i'm pretty sure it's gonna be useless on a bright sunny day ...... could be wrong though . i'll be taking it back because it won't mount correctly , if it winds up performing acceptably i'll try another one . if not then i'll try something else .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

BDS

Ya... kinda like Crosman's el-cheapo laser.

There's a reason for the $18 price tag, the internals are nearly identical to the $12 laser pointers at Walmart for slide show presentations, etc. Laser device quality is similar to scopes, the colimator glass quality and precision is about 50% of the game, and the laser diode quality another 30% with the package and mount at 20%. That's why a Leupold is $300 and a Tasco is $30.

Even the best of the laser sights can be very hard to see at 30 yards with the naked eye in daytime, unless you have perfect vision. Their function is really close quarters tactical use, 10 to 30 feet.

Set the gun or laser up on a bench and aim it out to your target paper, then walk out to the paper and see how intense the light is, how much definition the laser spot has (sharp/crisp) and how large the spot is (.25" ?) then consider whether or not you can see a high-vis, .25" target dot at 27 yards, laser or not?
Brian