• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Anyone here build to sell?

Started by chinaboy, November 02, 2014, 07:25:17 PM

chinaboy

I have always tossed around the idea of building 2 identical 1377 carbines to sell off.  Whenever I bust out my 1322 carbine people eh and aw and ask where they can get one.  I recently was told by a friend to build him the identical gun as mine and he made sure I knew he didn't care how much.  Basically he wanted me to build him the gun because he couldn't buy it elsewhere.  I also wonder how and where you could sell them.  Perhaps local gun shops and local websites and the sort.

I priced up what it cost to rebuild my gun and it would cost a little less than $500; gun, 2-stage trigger, barrel, shroud, ft valve etc...  Therefore I would want to sell it for $550-650.   As a cheap-skate this seems like a lot.  However, to those who would like the gun and have the money it would be a service they would gladly pay for.  In reality, I researched for a year and gathered resources and part suppliers and also have the skills to assemble the guns much like all of us here.  Really, not everyone can do what we do. 

So, before I invest into a build for the purpose of a sail.  Who has done anything similar?   Are there people who would spend this kind of money ($500-650) on a custom built 1322 carbine? 

I more or less want to do this for fun over the winter.  Let me know what you guys thinks. ???

eric

folks may ew and aw over builds but that doesn't really mean they would or could own them ---- custom is to *your* liking, if some one has an idea and the money and can work with some one (you) then it's possible --- what we spend on a single gun ($500 or more) we couldn't realistically sell it for what we put into it ---- folks will spend here and there, so it doesn't hurt as much --- anyone who can drop a ton of money at once is probably looking at something besides crosmans ......... this of course is my honest opinion
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

K.O.

For a 13xx ain't no way because of its performance limits I think it would be foolish...

If it was a millennium pumper inspired build that had 2000-2500 psi pcp like performance well I would still buil it myself but not buy one because half the fun is the tinkering for me...

I anticipate getting a build within the next little while that will push 14.3g CPHP to 850 fps or so in about 16 -20 pumps and cost about $100... and that includes the steel breech and shoulder stock...
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

K.O.

1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

Davio

Quote from: chinaboy on November 02, 2014, 07:25:17 PM
I have always tossed around the idea of building 2 identical 1377 carbines to sell off.  Whenever I bust out my 1322 carbine people eh and aw and ask where they can get one.  I recently was told by a friend to build him the identical gun as mine and he made sure I knew he didn't care how much.  Basically he wanted me to build him the gun because he couldn't buy it elsewhere.  I also wonder how and where you could sell them.  Perhaps local gun shops and local websites and the sort.

I priced up what it cost to rebuild my gun and it would cost a little less than $500; gun, 2-stage trigger, barrel, shroud, ft valve etc...  Therefore I would want to sell it for $550-650.   As a cheap-skate this seems like a lot.  However, to those who would like the gun and have the money it would be a service they would gladly pay for.  In reality, I researched for a year and gathered resources and part suppliers and also have the skills to assemble the guns much like all of us here.  Really, not everyone can do what we do. 

So, before I invest into a build for the purpose of a sail.  Who has done anything similar?   Are there people who would spend this kind of money ($500-650) on a custom built 1322 carbine? 

I more or less want to do this for fun over the winter.  Let me know what you guys thinks. ???

It might work. I have built several custom builds that were over $500, but by far most are not.  I think it is best to have an entry level that takes care of most of the things anybody would want on their build, but still leave room for future DIY or shop upgrades.  That makes for a much better than stock gun right out of the box and will get the requests to change or add this or that. Just my opinion...

http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/store/p123/Alchemy_2289_PackMan.html
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

mudduck48

They quit making the bugout kit? I thought they would, that is why I bought one and it is still new in the sealed box. Just think what that will be worth in a few years.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

T191032

"They quit making the bugout kit? I thought they would, that is why I bought one and it is still new in the sealed box. Just think what that will be worth in a few years."

Saw one @ DSG one day, $69.99.  Went back another day to get it, it was gone.  Oh well.

No, never built one to sell, just build them, as inspired by the fun stuff I see online.  After reading a couple of Jock Elliott's blog entries, http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2010/06/the-amazing-customizable-crosman-1377.html & http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2013/10/traveling-light.html  I did re-configure one into something similar to his "Kip Carbine".
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!