Belgium Air gun Laws?? Need a little help, please

Started by arkmaker †, January 13, 2015, 01:13:38 PM

arkmaker †

Hi Guys,

I have a friend that called yesterday asking about laws over in Belgium. Seems the lucky guy was offered a 3 year stint there working for my old company  :-*

Anyway, he was wondering about gun ownership. I am thinking that a regular PB is out of the question, especially for a foreigner, but what about airguns? What is the FPE limits on pistols and rifles? Any exceptions to the limits? Also, if anyone knows Belgium could you let me know of any airgun dealers or contacts in the area. He said he was going to be working about 45 miles north of Amsterdam.

Lots of questions, I know! Thanks
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Brutuz

Oops 45 mls north of Amsterdam is the Netherlands, not Belgium, can you pls let me know the next largest town where he will live?
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

arkmaker †

The company is located in either Beerse or Geel. I am not sure which facility he will be at, but I figure he will live close to one of those places. Which one is north of Amsterdam? Trying to load a map with dial-up is most impossible  :(

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

CA pistolero

I think Belgium and Holland are the only countries in Europe with no fpe limit.
Nick

Brutuz

Beerse [Belgium] is 100 mls south of Amsterdam [Netherlands]
Geel even a bit more south
Both in the Antwerp area
I don't know much abt Belgian airgun laws
http://www.wapenhandel.be/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=273

arkmaker †

Thanks,
I guess I got that wrong!! I will call him tomorrow and get the right place. I was guessing at the company location by google search  ???  I may have that wrong too!

Thanks for the link, I will forward it on to him. If CA is right, I think he would be pretty happy! Maybe a Recluse?

Brutuz

Not so sure he will be completely happy in the end: you can shoot outdoors on your own property but if people see or hear shooting they can call the police. So one has to live remote without neighbours close by.