Has anyone ever tried....

Started by jSan22, February 18, 2015, 02:18:38 PM

jSan22

A red dot sight mounted on a scope setup?
Like, you have a scope, but you also have a small rail that mounts around the tube and on that rail you have a red dot sight. It would be interesting to have for a airgun. The only issue im considering is weight. I dont want it ridiculously heavy to the point that I cant stand lifting the gun. On a 1322 carbine, i bet it would be alot better than on a spring piston which is not only hold sensitive but heavy as well. Any thoughts and experience with this type of setup?

BigErn

Perhaps a mount that also has a 45 degree angle Weaver rail on the side would possibly work.

mr007s

Yes it can be done. I have seen all kinds of equipment mounted on accessory rails.
But, my question is why and what's the need for both a red dot and scope. Weight would really be an issue for me with that set up. A laser or bipod would be more to my liking.

jSan22

The 45 degree idea sounds interesting.  But id be worried about the mount being too high seeing that it uses a weaver rail and id havr to use a adapter for dovetail to weaver.
and as for the point of it, well id like to have some form of versatility for the different ranges I typically hunt at. I think id actually have a use for it.