• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

The costs..........

Started by beerhippy, April 09, 2015, 06:36:26 PM

beerhippy

....of modding one of these 13xx or 22xx pistols is easily worth it if you wind up with an accurate and powerful  piece.  So what if it costs a much as a .22 rimfire, you can't shoot those in town.  And a "shroud" for a pb begins with a $200 tax and a bunch of paper work.

This is how I will justify spending the money on wood grip bling.  The final modding step once you have created a real shooter.
Man, that was close!

Trophyhunter49

RC1947

Right you are, and there's usually a welcome payback for money spent.  RC

KevinP

;D   :-*  for sure, we all put a ton of money into a $ 60 gun ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

GreyCoyote

We start with a $60 gun and put the money into a dream, one that we can actually make come true!! :-*
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed sheepdog contesting the vote.

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: GreyCoyote on April 09, 2015, 09:49:04 PM
We start with a $60 gun and put the money into a dream, one that we can actually make come true!! :-*
:-* This is so true!!

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: KevinP on April 09, 2015, 08:49:13 PM
;D   :-*  for sure, we all put a ton of money into a $ 60 gun ....
:-* But when done its a one of a kind!!  Its MINE !! :)

BillK

Quote from: beerhippy on April 09, 2015, 06:36:26 PM
This is how I will justify spending the money on wood grip bling. 
IMHO wood grips are not "bling".  Wood grips are part of getting the gun to shoot accurately.  If you cant hold it right, it won't shoot right.  No sense in shooting if you can't hit what your aiming at.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

targettgii

Sounds reasonable to me Bill. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

DBOdude

i don't let myself add up what i have in mine , i could easily have a MM $99 pcp and pump for less money ! but i would not have had any where near the fun tinkering or versatility of easily going from pistol to carbine . and either form has more than enough energy to hunt squirrels/rabbits beyond any distance i'd feel comfortable shooting at if i ever decide to hunt them . in pistol form with a laser is some super easy fun plinkin  8)
and as mentioned already , i have something unique  :-*
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Noah

Quote from: DBOdude on April 10, 2015, 07:41:24 AM
i don't let myself add up what i have in mine , i could easily have a MM $99 pcp and pump for less money ! but i would not have had any where near the fun tinkering or versatility of easily going from pistol to carbine . and either form has more than enough energy to hunt squirrels/rabbits beyond any distance i'd feel comfortable shooting at if i ever decide to hunt them . in pistol form with a laser is some super easy fun plinkin  8)
and as mentioned already , i have something unique  :-*

I hear you on not wanting to know how much you have invested on any given gun and such. BTW - what does "MM $99 pcp and pump" mean?  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

DBOdude

MM is Mike Melick , he is a master airgun tuner that owns/operates Flying dragon Air Rifles

http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/blog/?page_id=180

he takes a XISICO XS60C and sets it up for basic PCP use and sells them for $99 delivered .
http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/XISICO_XS60C.html

a decent PCP pump can be had for well under $200.
http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/high_pressure_pcp_pump.html

a discovery air gun and pump combo would probably be close to if not less than my investment too . being able to add a $20 to $50 buck part every few months adds up over time . but modifying my 1322 has been very enjoyable . i like looking at pics and post about what others have done with theirs , using some of their ideas and recommended parts and the tweaking/tinkering associated with installing parts and giving the 13xx personal embellishments to make it best suit my want's .

it's not everyones cup of tea and that's perfectly fine because everything isn't for everyone . 

beerhippy

Got a set of tiger wood furniture on the way for the 1377.
Man, that was close!

DBOdude

that should be real purdy  :-*
don't forget to post pics of them installed  ;)

Bud

The fun of doing the mods is well worth the price, plus you wind up with exactly what you want. :-*