1701/P-Rod part question

Started by USMA-1982, April 17, 2015, 02:24:30 PM

USMA-1982

Does anyone know the function of the acetal pin, p/n CH2009-023 on the 1701/P-Rod hammer?  I'm using the new pistol grip/trigger on my 2300KT and wondering if I can use the hammer, spring and striker combo as well.

Thanks much,
Ed
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

ped

it acts as a thread locker to stop the adjustable striker from moving from it's set position
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

I have one of those hammers.  I had to cut a notch in front to clear the breech screw.  I screwed the striker down hard and  have never moved it. This was my first 1701P  trigger group and as it turned out, the hammer was not really needed.  I have no need to adjust the striker.  On my subsequent builds I just filled in the waist of the standard hammer.  :)
Stranded in California.

DaveB50

I did the same as Art. I already had a power adjuster on the rear of the air tube, so I didn't buy the front acetal pin.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

USMA-1982

I thought it might be a friction lock for the striker!  I've been studying the EVP and I could not come up with any other plausible function.  I'm also guessing the reason for the sides of the hammer being milled flat is to clear the 4 breech screws (much better engineering than the single breech screw on the 22xx steel breech).   Another question for those who have tried it - with the striker extending forward of the hammer, would it still need to be notched to clear the 22xx steel breech screw?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA