• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Scope power

Started by Bud, May 27, 2015, 08:11:21 PM

Bud

I once had a BSA Martini 22 target rifle. I mounted a 20X Unertl scope on it, and off the bench I could still my heart beat jog the crosshairs, and that rig weighed eleven pounds. Since I don't get too excited about target shooting I like lower powered scopes for quick target acquisition and field of view for hunting.

arkmaker †

I was up on the Airgun Depot site yesterday looking at scopes. They had a fixed 10x50 power for 160. It was a Leapers. I think the best deal going on their site is the BSA Sweet 17 3x9x40 AO for 50 bucks. It was designed for the HMR 170 but I figure it would make a great scope for the 2260. On back order right now, but I am on the email notification list. Still looking hard at a new Hawke though. I really like them. Leaning toward this one.
http://www.airgundepot.com/hawke-optics-airmax-ev-4-12x40-ao-scope-hk5173.html
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mr007s

My next optic will be the MTC Connect 3-12x32.
I have been using 10 power on 75 yard targets and get as good a groups or better as with 16 power .
The smaller scope will also weigh less than my higher mag Hawke.
I plan to use the Connect on a 22 cal Cricket that I am lusting for. 

Squinter

My Marauder WW Pistol is wearing a Hawke Sport HD 2-7x32 and I can say it is very clear and I am using the carbine shoulder grip. Any thoughts, pro or con, on this scope?
Nope, I Ain't Winking At'em, I'm Aiming At'em!