• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

cleaning a 1322

Started by Bud, May 31, 2015, 10:56:02 PM

Bud

Here is a question that I have been thinking about since acquiring my 1322. I have always cleaned my barrels from the breech end. Without tearing the pistol down every time, how do you clean your barrel? ???

bgmcgee

Use a pull through. You can make your own with weed eater line.  Melt a flat on one end sharpen a point on the other put a patch on and pull it throgh the barrel. Stay away from tbe powder burner solvents and you'll be ok. Lot's of people have their own cleaner they prefer myself I very seldom ever clean mine but use kroil lightly then dry patches after a wet one.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Bud

KevinP

I soak q tips in goo gone and shoot a few .... than dry q tips till clean, works for me ... :)
oh .... cut them just behind the cotton ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Bud

Now that's a novel way to clean a gun. ;)

agninja

Cleaning pellets. The forward facing tip is lubed and the other end is dry. Pipe cleaners through the muzzle sometimes too. Doesn't take much to clean them and you can use pellet lube when shooting to keep the barrel lubricated. Traditional scrubbing and oiling that is associated with powder burners is not necessary on airguns, unless of course the barely has been neglected for a long period of time.
Black air pistols matter.

oconeedan

I'm going to suggest staying away from the weed eater pull through method.  I did that, worked fine, until I had one patch pull off in the barrel.  Since I doubled the patch for tighter fit, it jammed.
It caused lots of frustration and cussing.
Since then I have bought a pull through kit for regular guns, with slotted tip.  It works great and no risk of stuck patch.
Dan
Diana 54
Daisy Red Ryder
Crosman 1322

Bud

I found my Hoppes stainless steel cleaning kit. It has a plastic slotted 22 jag, and a22 brass bore brush. I just got my new barrel from Davio, it looked a bit grungie  so I made a pass with the brass brush and rubbing alcohol. Then I ran dry patches. Looks clean now.