• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Need Your Input... Sent WW Marauder To Crosman

Started by Squinter, July 15, 2015, 02:06:20 PM

Squinter

A Little background first, bought this WW and it was indeed "off the shelf" quiet -  Really! It developed a leak and I was unable to resolve it after sever gauge installs and the usual culprits.
Sent it to Crosman with a note - Please DO NOT replace this with a new gun. It is a 1-holer at 25 yards and super neighborhood friendly. IF you must replace it PLEASE exchange the barrels and innards over to the new gun.
Get it back. No leak, yeah! Now the shooting. 1st clue is that trigger is not adjusted the way I had it nor is the tell-tell "ring" on the blade where the shoe went and Allen screw was placed. It was indeed a replacement.
The gun is now pretty loud and I took a look at the baffles and they are the slip on 1-piece type.
The way I figure it is that my original gun was "Old Stock" and somehow maybe the barrel length and baffling (or not) is different.
It is, however a pretty good shooter out to my "chipmunk at the feeder distance" of 30 yards.
Neither gun was modded in any way aside from basic trigger adjustment.
I'd like it to be quieter but not at the expense of LDC's or internals modding. Pretty much want to keep it simple at low cost.
OK, now it's turn - what say you?

Nope, I Ain't Winking At'em, I'm Aiming At'em!

mudduck48

It looks like you learned something about Crosman. Defective gun, OK, throw defect in the pile with the rest, grab new gun, ship new gun, done deal. YUCK,YUCK,YUCK. Next time, find an authorized repair station, then you will get the same gun back. Or, learn how to fix it yourself. Good luck. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

KevinP

throw defect in the pile with the rest, grab new gun,

Then fix problem and sell as refurb .... 
Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

Sounds like I need to keep an eye open for that re-firb  ;)

Man, I miss my Marauder  :(
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Squinter

Nope, I Ain't Winking At'em, I'm Aiming At'em!

arkmaker †

It sounds like Crosman just sends out a new unit on all returns, regardless of the model. It sure would have been nice if they had honored your request. Customer Service is not what it used to be... anywhere!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22