• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Rebolt kits

Started by agninja, August 08, 2015, 03:58:44 AM

agninja

I got a Crosman rebolt kit from HPAsports off ebay. Not bad, $16 shipped.  But I'm not really sure why they don't include the small breech screw, which is often the one that breaks or gets stripped. And instead they have a bunch of extra screws which actually exceeds the number of screws the gun requires, so I have no idea what they are for. Has a bunch of plastic washers too, which is a bonus if you are doing work on the trigger.

The way I see it, the only problem screws (aside from that tiny thin one) are the two lower ones on the grip frame that go into the tube. They are hard to access with a screwdriver and they are designed to strip easily for some reason...the factory screws that is.  The rebolt kit apparently comes with two upper breech screws, which actually don't need replacing because the factory ones are slot screws and seem to hold up well to repeated tear downs and assembly. Unlike those ghastly lower screws that are slot/phillips hybrids with a big square hole in the middle that no tool fits.

So what I did was just cut down those upper breech screws and turned them into the lower grip frame screws, so I can do a second gun with the same rebolt set. I still end up with a bunch of extra unnecessary screws, but at least I can do two guns for $16, though it'd still be nice if they included the tiny breech screw.
Black air pistols matter.

mudduck48

You all want a SS slotted breech screw? PM me your address and I will send you them. How many do you want? 1,2,3 ? Let me know. :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: mudduck48 on August 08, 2015, 04:52:32 AM
You all want a SS slotted breech screw? PM me your address and I will send you them. How many do you want? 1,2,3 ? Let me know. :-*

Hey I'd buy some off of you.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

GreyCoyote

The screws for the tube should be something you can pick up at the hardware store.  They are both 8-32.  The front one is 7/32" long and the rear one is 3/8".  You should be able to find them with a phillips or straight head in either stainless or brass.  I really have no idea why Crosman sends out new pistols with the straight/square drive head.

I have found that a longer screwdriver works really well to let you deal with the tube screws.  The one I use has a 6" shaft and lets me work around the trigger guard and the rear of the grip frame.  I tried shorter screw drivers and ratchet drives and have the scars on the grip frame to prove it.  As usual, the easy fix was the correct fix, it was just hard to find.

Here is the link to a chart that lists the info on the screws for a xx40 (which should be the same for a 13xx, I think).  http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,12289.0.html  Hope it helps.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed sheepdog contesting the vote.

agninja

The rebolt screws are hex heads, so you can easily tighten and loosen them without interfering with the rest of the gun, like avoiding how the slot screwdriver marks up the trigger.

Noah

Quote from: mudduck48 on August 08, 2015, 04:52:32 AM

I also could use a few? PM sent  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

bgmcgee

Most rebolt kits are designed for loks anyways. Those funky grip frame bolts are square drive. Hpa's kits work for the 13xx and 22xx guns so that is why you end up with extras I would guess. That tiny breech screw is hard one to find. I've got about 80 here, only needed a couple but had to buy 100. Also you don't see the breech screw so it isn't included in any of the kits I've seen.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

arkmaker †

I recently bought a couple of stainless sets from AC. Price was right and shipping was very fast. Each set included a 4-48 slotted breech screw. You can find them on ebay or order off his website. 9 bucks shipped in the US

http://www.accustommods.com/small-parts.html
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Mitch

+ 1 on the AC kits. They gave me extra breech screws

rangerfredbob

I use a T-05 torx bit to take the breech screw out, have yet to have a problem with any of the 13XX and 22XX I've worked on (that's at least 5 guns, some of them taken apart several times)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

agninja

Quote from: rangerfredbob on August 09, 2015, 08:38:22 PM
I use a T-05 torx bit to take the breech screw out, have yet to have a problem with any of the 13XX and 22XX I've worked on (that's at least 5 guns, some of them taken apart several times)

Me neither. I actually only mentioned the tiny breech screw because it was conspicuously lacking in the rebolt kit. However, I've never had a problem with them stripping or breaking. Of course, I always slow down when I get to it and make sure the tool fits in it true, and I make sure not to overtighten it.

The lower screws on the other hand are always stripping and difficult to work with.

Poorman Plinker

One option is to cut a groove in the factory breech screw (I would post pics, but still have not figured out how) . I have cut them and purchased them from AC too and tried to buy some (100) from a hardware outlet but when they arrived the heads were too tall LOL. I agree it is easy to round out the frame screws, but if you buy a #2 square drive with a 4 or 6 inch shaft the problem is solved.  8)
The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.

Noah

Many thanks to "The Duck" for sending me a few sets - greatly appreciated, brother  :-*

Hopefully this new hurricane will pass without incident and I can get to the mainland shootin cabin, play with my toys and compete in the monthly competitions (five and ten-meter pistol and rifle benchrest categories).

Stay well and have a great weekend all!  :-* :-* :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

ped

the problem with the breech screw is that it is a non std head size and whilst the csk slotted screws you can get do fit  just don't fit the breech hole perfectly
the only replacement screws i've been happy with are the ones i get from gary lindop(aka droid) who had them made
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Poorman Plinker

;D  Ped, I bought 100 of the cheeseheads and they are the right diameter and thread... just a tad too tall and too small for me to mess with grinding them down. They are going to fit well for a removable stock pin LOL.  If you are ever ordering from ACcustommods in the US you might like their breech/action screws too, I bought a few and they fit and thread well. 8)
The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.