• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

It's quiet in here...make some noise

Started by Gary, November 15, 2015, 12:05:58 AM

Gary

It sure is quiet in here today. It was too windy and cold for me to sit in a tree, so I piddled with the 2240 while waiting for the parts from Davio to get here. I managed to change some screws out, installed a trigger over travel screw, and played with hammer springs. I think I've found a spring combo that hits the valve just right to make the gun shoot almost decent , while getting about  +/- 60 good shots per cart.

I know this pales in comparison to what some of you experts are doing. So, please share your projects with us newbies and inspire us with your knowledge and ingenuity.  :-*

mudduck48

inspire us with your knowledge and ingenuity, Say what? With what? You funny. Our Davio, here on the forum, builds 2240 guns. Yes, there are others, but Davio is where I would go for starters. 8) OH, I forgot the noise. QUACK,QUACK,QUACK!!!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Gary

I wondered if you would chime in...err...quack in. ;) ;D

I didn't want to pester him. I just thought someone else may be working on something that would give some ideas for later. With as many airguns as you have, you are bound to have something being taken apart and made better. :-*

rangerfredbob

Your barrel is on it's way, should be there Monday or Tuesday.

I think I have the most guns out of the currently active members (or very close, the count is 101...) but I haven't had much time for tinkering lately. I just got 6 guns in the pistol rack in the garage so I can shoot when I get some time in the little Gamo pellet trap which keeps me somewhat sane. I'm trying to get the garage physically in shape for the winter so I can put the wood stove in it to get some projects done over the winter... The last airgun modifications I did was to flat top a valve and make a flat top piston for a Powermaster 66 for my buddy for his birthday, not too exciting but it worked out well.
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Gary

Good golly Scott! That's a bunch to keep up with.

Hope you get your garage set up. I don't have a real good workshop since moving to WV, and I really miss the one I had. Most of my tools are still boxed up and it's a literal pain to find stuff when I need it.

Maybe we should look at as some projects are better than none.

Thanks for the update. Of course if that barrel is a shooter, it's going to cause me to get another pistol.

Noah

It's not noise nor a duck sound, but it's all I have to contribute for the day:

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

mudduck48

7624452, all I can say, is, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

targettgii

These are a couple of my builds

This one is a 1740
steel breech
Don Cothran SS tube ,power adjuster,and endcap
Crosman LW barrel
1701P grip frame
Vern Austin walnut grips
wgrs 54 rear site
fiber optic front

This is a 2240
steel breech
Boss valve
1322 barrel
Millett SP-1 red dot/Bkl rings
TKO ldc
Ricks custom ambi-walnut grips
I got lucky with the original trigger so the grip frame is stock.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

Nice builds. I would like to do a 1740. All I gots to do is find my parts I bought. :P

targettgii

Duck your a mess .:D ;D ;D ;D ;D
and Thank you.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Gary

7624452, That song brings back a lot of memories. I second what Duck said, Thanks.

Targettgii, When it gets finished, I hope mine will turn out as nice as those. I really like the stainless tube and free floated barrels. Good job!

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Gary

Targettgii, I forgot to ask about the ldc. What length is it and is it heavy enough to cause any barrel droop?

targettgii

If I remember correctly  :D ;D it is 5" and no barrel droop they are light hth. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T