• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

No more whining about 2240's accuracy

Started by Gary, November 22, 2015, 12:31:00 AM

Gary

Since installing the breech, bolt, and LW barrel from Davio, the title says it all. The gun has gone from quarter size groups at 5 M to .202 avg. groups. I ordered an ambidextrous breech and set it up for left hand use and absolutely love it. I have spent the past couple of days shooting hundreds of shots through it.

I have tried 12 different pellets and the barrel will shoot most all of them accurately. It has a few favorites, but I believe that is mostly due to the pellets' quality since it isn't brand sensitive. I shot 9 5 shot groups last night to see where the power falls off. One group opened up badly when the gas ran low and was discounted in the final tally. Over the 8 full power groups, the average was .202 inch CTC. I was using two pillows on top of a tv tray for a rest and a cheap red dot off my turkey shotgun for optics. Except for polishing and springs, the trigger is stock. Next on the list is a 1701 trigger group and some decent optics.

I like to shoot a target with several bulls to check for accuracy. So, I cut up some old rimfire benchrest targets to see if the accuracy was repeatable while moving across the target. Here's a photo of one 15 bull target. Needless to say, I'm tickled so far.

bgmcgee

Looks like it's a fine shooted now for sure. My custom 2300 with the lothar barrel shoots quite well also. I've got a Mueller reflex sight on it.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Noah

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

BigErn

mudduck48

Looks like you are ready for the bench rest comps. ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Gary

Thanks guys!

Duck, I'll give them a go a little later. Need a better rest and optics. From what I saw on the competition threads, I need to get better to be competitive against those guys and their guns.

BillK

So far, I have found the Millett SP1 (3moa) my favorite  red dot sight.  It doesn't cost a lot.  The red dot is 3 moa.  Which means a lot at 10+M.  The dot doesn't cover as much of the target as larger dots.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Noah

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Cinimod

Nice set of shots that Gary. :-* :-*  Are LW barrels a direct replacement or do they need to be machined to fit a steel breech???.........dom
If in doubt,  leave it till after a cuppa!!!

Gary

Cinimod, They're a direct replacement and in my limited experience well worth the extra money. :-*

Gary

Quote from: BillK on November 22, 2015, 05:20:08 AM
So far, I have found the Millett SP1 (3moa) my favorite  red dot sight.  It doesn't cost a lot.  The red dot is 3 moa.  Which means a lot at 10+M.  The dot doesn't cover as much of the target as larger dots.

Thanks Bill. I'll take a look at it too. I'm also going to pick up a pistol scope to see how it will work....I feel the need for a little better aiming precision ( I need all the help I can muster). :)

Jauvesst

hard to go wrong with a lw barrel. im using a 10,1" 2300s barrel on my polished 1377 and accuracy is very good. much better than i am shooting it

bgmcgee

Quote from: Cinimod on November 22, 2015, 12:11:35 PM
Nice set of shots that Gary. :-* :-*  Are LW barrels a direct replacement or do they need to be machined to fit a steel breech???.........dom
If you buy the one from Crosman it's ready to go.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"