Can't stand pumping.

Started by Hinecken, January 02, 2016, 04:56:33 AM

mudduck48

Now the wait. 6mo from now you will be ordering more parts! It don't end, but it is fun. :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Hinecken

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 09, 2016, 03:35:39 AM
Now the wait. 6mo from now you will be ordering more parts! It don't end, but it is fun. :-*

6mo!!! God, I hope it won't be that long!!

On a side note, not a very active board since I signed up.  Was hoping there would be more discussion.

mudduck48

Relax, it's winter time. Most people are trying to stay warm. It picks up more as the weather warm up. :-*

BillK

Quote from: Hinecken on January 09, 2016, 03:37:14 AM
On a side note, not a very active board since I signed up.  Was hoping there would be more discussion.

I agree.  On the other hand there are not a bunch of BS posts about nothing.  When a question is asked, it is answered promptly & knowledgeably.  Unlike other boards where 10 peps tell you what they have done and have no clue about your problem/question.  Also most folks who join understand how to use the "search" feature.  This feature isn't great so you don't get "bonked" by asking a question and getting a reply to "search".
I have found this to be a very good board with knowledgeable people who want everyone to enjoy shooting their Crosmans.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Hinecken

Quote from: BillK on January 09, 2016, 04:13:52 AM
I agree.  On the other hand there are not a bunch of BS posts about nothing.  When a question is asked, it is answered promptly & knowledgeably.  Unlike other boards where 10 peps tell you what they have done and have no clue about your problem/question.  Also most folks who join understand how to use the "search" feature.  This feature isn't great so you don't get "bonked" by asking a question and getting a reply to "search".
I have found this to be a very good board with knowledgeable people who want everyone to enjoy shooting their Crosmans.

Oh I absolutely don't disagree with any of that.  So far I've gotten a ton of good information from here.  It's just nice to read new stuff from people that share a similar interest.   

Hinecken

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 09, 2016, 04:12:42 AM
Relax, it's winter time. Most people are trying to stay warm. It picks up more as the weather warm up. :-*

I vaguely remember this "winter" you speak of growing up in Jersey.  It was miserable.  I wish them luck.  Thankfully winter in Palm Beach consists of the possibility of socks. 

rangerfredbob

Yeah, hopefully in a few months my other projects will start dwindling and I can start doing some airgun stuff again, my garage is a disaster and need to rebuild an engine then the back wall of the garage, at that point I can move in the garage and start some builds and indoor shooting... and when its warm outdoor shooting :)

All internet forums seem to be dead lately, not don't know what's going on, probably facebook or something... I don't know how to use that thing so I stay away, I don't have the time for what I do anyway :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Hinecken

even the facetube groups are kind of slow.  You would think during the winter people would have nothing better to do other than post on message boards. 

mudduck48

Another thing about the winter time is people are getting sick. I just talked to my friend in Wy. tonight and he and his wife are sicker than dogs. Plus he has 4ft of snow in his drive way. Here on the left cost it is 42degres in the morning, about 60 during the day. It's just that time of the year. Hang, it will get better. :P :P

Hinecken

back to my original hatred of pumping, has anyone tried out the mellon air power adjuster?  Since I'm converting to CO2 and will only use it for patio pistol, My next task will be upping the shot count.  From my reading, the 2300 valve spacer and the power adjuster are my next two mods.  Unfortunately I'll have to wait until Monday to call Crosman for the spacer.

rangerfredbob

If you are getting the spacer from Crosman, you can get a power adjuster from them too, I think it's from the challenger or something similar, with those and maybe a smaller transfer port you should be able to stretch the shot count out quite a bit.

Yeah duck, I've been sick for the last couple weeks, I think I'm on the 3rd different cold... I actually took a day off work for the first time in 9 years... I wasn't posting because I parked myself in bed and on the couch, my phone doesn't post well :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

BillK

The Mellon power adjuster will give you much more adjustment than the Crosman.  You can turn it out so far for lower power that the spring can be removed.  IMO the Mellon is one of the best around.  And it's priced right.
http://mellonair.myfreesites.net/power-adjusters
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Hinecken

The price is what attracted me to it!  All the other ones I've seen are 2-5x more expensive than the Mellon one.  True, I could just order it from Crosman along with the spacer, but then I would have any shiny bling!  I'm actually annoyed I have to call Crosman to order the spacer.  Was hoping to find that it's sold elsewhere, but unfortunately all the internet searching I've done keeps leading me back to calling Crosman...

BillK

Ya know, I am not sure you would need a spacer with the Mellon RPA.  I'm not a CO2 expert although it seems that as low & slow that you can tune the Mellon adjuster the spacer would not save you any gas.  IMO Crosman uses the spacer and the low tension blue colored hammer spring with their RPA, which has very limited adjustment, to make the adjusting foolproof.
As we all know, there are many people out there who can F up a free lunch.
I think the Mellon RPA will do the job and the spacer will not be needed.
Anyone....please correct me if I am wrong.

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

DaveB50

I agree with Bill, you may not need the spacer as the adjuster will basically do the same thing, limit how much gas gets out per trigger pull. A good hardware should have some springs that are the same diameter as the stock hammer spring that you can try.
You'll need one of these square drives for the trigger frame screws. They look like phillips at first glance but there not. I buggered up a couple before someone pointed this out to me. You might also want to order a few spare parts from Crosman, the shipping is the same for 1 part or many. Transfer port seal, cartridge to valve seal, safety spring and ball (many of these have been lost while working on these pistols).
http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-662-Square-Recess-Round-Shank/dp/B000936R1E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452380548&sr=8-3&keywords=%232+square+drive+screwdriver
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077