• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Can't stand pumping.

Started by Hinecken, January 02, 2016, 04:56:33 AM

Hinecken

I've got a hunch my groups would tighten right up if I didn't spend half my time pumping my 1377.  Since I shoot 10m on my patio here in Florida, it's pretty much over 75 degrees all year.  Perfect for CO2.  Pardon my n00b, but am I correct in what I've read that if I bought a 2240, I would have everything I need to convert my 1377 to CO2?  Or rather convert the 2240 to .177? 

mudduck48

Sounds like this boy needs a 2260.
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifles/heritage-2260

And if you want one with all the mods, Davio sells them.
http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/store/p138/Custom_2260_All_The_Right_Stuff_.html
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

jSan22

You can give yourself time to rest your arms after pumping. Thatll give you time to rest.

Hinecken

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 02, 2016, 05:10:20 AM
Sounds like this boy needs a 2260.
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifles/heritage-2260

And if you want one with all the mods, Davio sells them.
http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/store/p138/Custom_2260_All_The_Right_Stuff_.html

No rifle on the patio.  Pistol only.  So would buying a 2240 and already owning a 1377 give me all the parts I need for .177 CO2?

My range

Hinecken

Whoops, not sure why it's sideways  ???

Tater

I'm no pro, but I believe you should be good to go for the conversion. I think all you need is the barrel and bolt. Do you have a steel breech on it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Hinecken

Quote from: Tater on January 02, 2016, 07:34:24 AM
I'm no pro, but I believe you should be good to go for the conversion. I think all you need is the barrel and bolt. Do you have a steel breech on it.

No steel breech, I've only owned the 1377 for a week!

BillK

Short answer is: Yes you will.
I assume you will get the barrel & bolt from your pumper.
After shooting the now 1740 for awhile you can decide what changes, if any, you would like to make.  And there are a lot of accessories available ranging from accuracy to power to bling.  Just about the only limit to modifications available is your budget.
Have fun!

Just a thought about pumping for a 10M range.  You only need 4 or 5 pumps to get an accurate shot.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

TennX

JUst a suggestion,why not get a 2300(177) from Crosman Custom Shop, a custom gun is one of the best deals going....by the way I love my pumpers,but equally love my c02...good luck

TennX

Quote from: BillK on January 02, 2016, 02:15:14 PM
Short answer is: Yes you will.
I assume you will get the barrel & bolt from your pumper.
After shooting the now 1740 for awhile you can decide what changes, if any, you would like to make.  And there are a lot of accessories available ranging from accuracy to power to bling.  Just about the only limit to modifications available is your budget.
Have fun!

Just a thought about pumping for a 10M range.  You only need 4 or 5 pumps to get an accurate shot.

On my steel breeched 13xx(I have 4) 4 pumps work well at 10....good luck

agninja

No point in converting the gun over imo. Just buy a new one in the make and model that you desire.  Like someone said, Custom Shop sells whatever caliber you want in CO2 and it's like $120 shipped.

You're gonna have pay for a new gun and take time to do the mods anyway. So why be left with a non working Frankenstein parts gun, when you can pay a tad more and have both guns that you can be proud of? Unless the money is THAT much of an issue, I'd say just start from scratch on a new build.
Black air pistols matter.

oldgearhead

..or you can by a 2240 main tube and valve kit. Davio has one on eBay for $44.88 and have at it...
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

Hinecken

Quote from: oldgearhead on January 03, 2016, 02:06:32 AM
..or you can by a 2240 main tube and valve kit. Davio has one on eBay for $44.88 and have at it...

I like the cut of your jib  :-*

The reason I asked if a 2240 would give me all the parts is because I love to tinker.  I am fully aware it is easier to just purchase a 2300 and call it, but what is the fun in that?  Having a full extra set of compatible parts will allow me to experiment.  Also, upgrading is a ton of fun.  It's a sickness, I also own Glocks and 10/22.  I live by the B.O.M.B. theory.
Better Off Modified Baby!

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Hinecken

contacted Davio and ordered all the parts I needed for the conversion as well as a sweet fiberoptic front sight.  Now the wait...