• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Adding a triple Picatinny Rail

Started by quickster47 †, April 11, 2016, 08:19:50 PM

quickster47 †

Posted a picture the other day showing a triple Picatinny rail I picked from Amazon and finally got around to milling the top flat part so that it would fit between a Crosman main tube and the barrel.  Actually came out pretty good and certainly gives you lots of Picatinny mounting options as shown on my test bed carbine.

I looked at many types and brands of these mounts and truthfully this Sniper brand is one of thee best I could find plus it was not all that expensive compared to the others.

http://www.amazon.com/SNIPER®-Picatinny-Through-Aircraft-Aluminum/dp/B01CZ493JC?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I didn't have a Picatinny mounted bi-pod to use in my photos but will be getting one with my next shipment of pieces parts.

In the first two pictures you can see the difference in the top mount pieces and how much I had to mill it to get it to fit.  And even though it looks like a considerable amount I too off, the mount is still amazingly strong.
Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

quickster47 †

Some more pictures showing the new triple Picatinny mount.

On this set up I have a 1" flashlight mounted in the middle that does not use up a Picatinny rail.  I also have a Barska green laser designator and on the other side my Centerpoint digital video camera.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

crossliner

Now Herr Big Ern has a solid competitor, Mr Quick  ;) :-*

Noah

Quote from: quickster47 on April 11, 2016, 08:23:06 PM
On this set up I have a 1" flashlight mounted in the middle that does not use up a Picatinny rail.  I also have a Barska green laser designator and on the other side my Centerpoint digital video camera.

WOW! Talk about accessories! Very impressive!

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

tinker

Nice and clean!  Looks good Carl!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

CraigH

That is a really clean, smooth, "lightweight" top, Carl.  Very nice.   :-*
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

BigErn

Love this Carl  :-\  Where in the world did you come up with this one  ;D ;D ;D Great idea  :-*

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

quickster47 †

Quote from: BigErn on April 12, 2016, 09:55:41 PM
Love this Carl  :-\  Where in the world did you come up with this one  ;D ;D ;D Great idea  :-*

Necessity is the mother of invention, or something like that.  :)

Carl

In Omnia Paratus