• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New Challenger Sights are a Reality

Started by Colt25, May 02, 2016, 01:31:06 AM

Colt25

Well guys, it's true! New challenger sights are now being produced. I believe their deal with Gamo making their old sights went south, but it all turned out very well.

The threads are left handed, meaning they are now of the standard European style and can utilize the "Right hand rule" and it is easier to be taught to juniors. It's the same basic design as the Gamo style but now in a much beefier cast aluminum housing with all aluminum knobs. The front sight is also much improved, solid cast aluminum not plastic like the old design. They also did away with the double dovetail mount  :-* Even the new front sight inserts are laser cut and black oxide coated, so it doesn't matter which way they were mounted and won't reflect. 

The most prolific difference is that with proper clearance they can cant or angle. Feinwerkbau, some Anschutz, and some Walther sights can't even do that.

They are not on sale yet but I got to play with one and now have a pair for my Challenger. I very much look forward to using and trying them out.

quickster47 †

Wow, that is some seriously good news. And the pieces really look sweet.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bgmcgee

Those are good looking sights. Glad to see Crosman didn't cheap out as has been the norm as of lately.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BillK

Is the aperture a 1" size that will take a rubber eyepiece?  Or does one come with the sights?
Sure is a good looking set-up.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

KevinP

They look very nice ... wonder how much they will sell for  ???
Kevin
Albany, New York

Colt25

Quote from: BillK on May 02, 2016, 03:47:00 AM
Is the aperture a 1" size that will take a rubber eyepiece?  Or does one come with the sights?
Sure is a good looking set-up.

It is the standard size but does not ship with a rubber eyepiece. I am not sure if aftermarket Anschutz (or similar) sight accessories will fit, I will check soon.

Crosman has my input as to what I would pay for them, but I'm not sure what they cost to produce so who knows what they will go for.

bgmcgee

quickster47 †

In Omnia Paratus

bgmcgee

Thank you. Actually I thought they looked a lot like the centra diopter sights and just stumbled on them. Have to say though the price isn't to bad though.

quickster47 †

I also just looked in my newest Champion Choice catalog I received last week while I was at mom's house and sure enough, there is the Crosman sights on page 64 for $110.

I think I'm going to order a set to go with my new Challenger rifle.  Would surely be a worthwhile combination.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

bgmcgee

Good deal. Hard to beat that price for a decent set of sights. On the website they are out of stock though. Looking at all the options for match sights this could put a dent in the wallet for sure.

Colt25

Sad to report aftermarket European sight accessories (adjustable eyepieces) will not fit Crosman sights. They are identical in size, and screw in a few threads, but the Crosman sights are imperial and the European sights Metric. I bet you could chase out the Crosman sights with the appropriate metric tap to make it fit European accessories however.

The good news it, if you only have a lathe that can thread imperial pitches, you're in business! You can make any adapters, extensions, or eyepieces for the sight you need.

BillK

Williams & maybe Lyman use a 7/32 threaded eyepiece.  There is an adjustable eyepiece that fits Williams.  So, maybe........it's a "wait & see". ??? 

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2527222580/merit-4-adjustable-hunting-aperture-1-2-diameter-7-32-40-thread-fits-lyman-and-williams-sights-black
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II