• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Questions about the 1300KT

Started by SouthernBoy, October 09, 2016, 03:32:58 AM

SouthernBoy

After shooting my 2300kt, my wife is starting to get interested in her own pistol.  She was looking for a pneumatic powered air pistol, so I showed her the 1300kt on the custom shop, and she really likes the look of it.  She is smart to pick the Muddy Girl plastic grip to make sure I will not use it  :-[.  It looks like a good little gun, and I LOVE the 14.6" .177 cal LW barrel which she is looking at getting. 

We were wondering if anyone here with experience with the 1300kt knows how well it shoots, and what kind of fps to expect from it.  We were wondering about the accuracy since we are planning to use our pistols for 10M match target shooting at a local air gun club here, bayou air gun club.  And I was wondering if I get one of those lovely 14.6" LW barrels if it could be put on a 2300KT.  Also, is it noisy and in need of a TKO muzzle brake for friendly neighborhood shooting?   
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

BillK

IMHO the 10" LW barrel is best for a pistol due to the additional weight of a longer barrel.  I like to do 5 & 10M shooting and do notice the weight.  Some do, some don't.  I'm 69 and my kids don't notice much difference in the weights of the pistols. (older & weaker)
All of the 13xx & 22XX barrels will interchange.  If changing caliber you will need the correct 177/22 bolt size.
For a pistol I use the short breech.
10M target shooting needs no more than 4 or 5 pumps (400fps.) which is generally neighbor friendly.  Much more or a 2240(co2) needs a TKO.                             
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

SouthernBoy

Thanks for the information.  That helps answer a lot of the questions that we have. 
We wanted a LW barrel, and since it only comes with a 14.6", we would get that one.  If it is too heavy, I will put it on my 2300kt.   :-*
And if worse comes to worse, I will order another 10.1" LW barrel.
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

Tommy

Well....  SouthernBoy don't be concered ???  if you end up with an extra LW barrel.  You can sell it here in less than a heart beat. :-* Put me at the top of the ''will buy LW barrel'' list.

SouthernBoy

LOL Tommy.  If I wind up and sell it, you will be the first to know. But first, I need to get my wife to decide on a gun.  She is not as quick to pull the trigger(pun intended) to buy a gun as I am. 
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT