• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Just bought a box for my 600!!

Started by johnbaz, October 23, 2016, 12:29:20 AM

johnbaz

Hi all

I just found a box on ebay for my Crosman 600, Bin for £19.99 but I think it's the wrong box (I bought it though!!) as there's no cutout to house the piercing button on the cap!! :-[

I was told by an expert that it shouldn't have this kind of cap on my 600 anyhoe so it appears to be a 'Bitsa' gun!!  :P

The pistol..

The box..

I've also made an offer on a manual, It's probably the wrong manual too knowing my luck!! :-X

John  :)
"Nothing succeeds like a budgie with no beak"

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

CraigH

I very much like the Crosman 600.   :-*
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

SouthernBoy

Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

BillK

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

johnbaz

Hi Bill

This is what I was told on another forum  :-*

"John, your 600 is not a bitsa. You have a type 3 pistol which had a different gas tube where the neck of the co2 was inserted first and the pistol was cocked and fired to pierce it. The problem was so many of the other type had been sold ( and kids don't read manuals do they), that Crosman were getting a lot of warranty repairs for blunted piercing pins, as people were still inserting the bulb arse first as per all the previosly sold versions. Therefore, whenever a third variant pistol came in for repair the authorised service stations were told to convert them to front end piercing like all the earlier versions. Crosman supplied conversion kits to all authorised repair outlets specifically for the job.
So what you have is a genuine factory converted version 3 model 600.....probably quite rare , as the 3rd version was soon dropped and the type 4 went back to front piercing.
Pete."

Cheers, john  :)
"Nothing succeeds like a budgie with no beak"

ped

think there was only 3 main variants
1st cap piercing pressurised tube
2nd valve piercing non pressurised tube
3rd push cap piercing sealed tube
has yours got pat pending on it
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com