• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 140

Started by blutroop, October 27, 2016, 09:04:34 AM

blutroop

Just got done tearing down a early crosman 140. It's interesting to see how they did things 50 years ago. It was a smooth bore pellet rifle. The exhaust side of the valve body didn't have a rod to open it? Interesting setup.. Anyone else have any oldies?

bgmcgee

I rebuilt a 1400 a couple years back.  Well built guns. To bad Crosman doesn't put the quality workmanship in the new guns like those.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Gippeto

Yep. Have a 1400 still in pieces and a 100 that I refurbished, had a 140 as well but gave it to an uncle after a reseal.

All have/had rifled barrels...pretty darn light on the 100 though.

Valve is a blow open type and held in place by the trigger assembly.

Al

recklessridr

came across a 140 (last variant, i think) in april this year. never had a .22 cal to play with, so i
did a full refinish/rebuild. the barrel , when viewed from the muzzle end had a VERY shallow riflng. when viewed from the breech end looked almost as if it had been knurled in a spiral.
(WT???) and again, VERY shallow, a quick glance might lead one to think it was a smooth bore.
i replaced all of the o-rings with VITON-90, except for the X-RING seal, which was replaced w/stock seal. outter valve o-ring, & piston o-ring were replaced with polyurethane. piston repop
from MAC-1 (OLD SCHOOL-MAC1).
YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THIS RIFLE !!!  funky rifling aside, this gun shoots GR8 & the old school
re-pop piston gives it a little boost for a lot of fun & has been pressed into service by the local
constabulary to eradicate a few ferile felines in town, taken a groundhog @ 65 yd.
(measured) & seems to br more accurate than i can shoot it past that. whatever goes on inside the barrel dosen"t seem to affect what happens down range at all.
double check that barrel. as i found with mine, the rifling might over looked unless it is spotless inside. extremely hard to get a good , in focus photo of what it looks like from either end or i would have already had one up for discussion here.
BAM  51
crosman 140
crosman 1389
crosman 2289
crosman 1377
benji   310
kessler .22
SP 2