• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Barrel play on 357

Started by Jaybo, December 06, 2016, 08:12:17 PM

Jaybo

A few posts ago I talked about my new CR357 pistol and how much I enjoy shooting it.  However, a potential problem has developed.  When I break open the barrel, insert the clip, and close it up there is a slight play between the barrel and the frame.  In other words, there is a small space between the clip and the socket and/or the gas outlet and the clip.  Is this something to worry about?  The pistol can be still be returned/exchanged if this is a defect.  Please advise me.  Thanks.

arkmaker †

The gas outlet should have a spring behind it to keep it tight to the clip/mag. You can press on it to make sure it is moving ok. Even with that I had problems with the gap on the other side, between the barrel and clip. So I modified it. Took out the soda straw barrel and replaced it with a cut down 7/16" barrel. There is a thread on here somewhere showing what I did. But, not to go all crazy with ya, if it not doing what you expected, send it back for a new one.

Oh, found the link
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,5433.0.html
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22