• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 trigger FYI

Started by shiirooms, December 22, 2016, 07:14:27 PM

shiirooms

Working on the trigger assembly, I had all the essential parts polished and buffed out. Decided that the tip of the trigger which engages the sear should be rounded over to expose less surface contact. The trigger is extremely soft and easy to file away. All said and done I opted to harden the engagement tip. Here is the good part, the trigger melted down, and not under a lot of heat. Crosman went cheap and uses pot metal for the trigger, not steel. Issue number two the safety assembly popped out. The safety bar has two grooves. Are there two ball bearings? I have one and a spring. Need I look for a second one on the floor? If only one is needed which groove should it be in upon assembly? Looks like the tag under my user name is correct.
Avanti 753
Avanti 853c
Benjamin Trail NP22
Crosman 1377
MRod W22
Hahn/Crosman's 45
AA HFT 500

ped

only one ball which goes in the frame from the top
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Trophyhunter49

Gippeto

If you're playing with trigger work (who doesn't!) this is a nice little tip to add to the repertoire...

http://airgunscanada.freeforums.net/thread/121/22xx-trigger-based-kiss-principal

Al

shiirooms

Thank you for the info on the safety ball.
Related safety issue: I am a lefty. The 1377 as issued has the safety oriented for a right handed shooter, such that when shooting with the left hand one can engage the safety while trying to pull the trigger. One solution is remove the safety but where is the wisdom in that ?
Question: can the safety bar be flipped the opposite way and still function for a left handed shooting ? No trigger since the melt down, so I can not try out my theory.
Avanti 753
Avanti 853c
Benjamin Trail NP22
Crosman 1377
MRod W22
Hahn/Crosman's 45
AA HFT 500

Tommy

Thanks for the link to the trigger mod Al. :-*

rangerfredbob

The safety won't work if flipped, but there are people that make left hand triggers for these

I believe it is a Stace trigger you were looking for in your last post.
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

arkmaker †

Yep, just made my first lefty safety a couple of weeks ago. Told it is working well.
I'll probably make a few more in the new year.

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

shiirooms

To follow up, got a steel trigger. A bit pricey but well worth $. On the safety, found the safety steel ball with a floor magnet used to pick up roofing nails. Well found it twice, but not the third time. But I substituted a glass bead headed seamstress pin. Cut down the shaft to fit up in the spring about 1/4 inch, applied some anti-seize grease and holy cow work as smooth as silk.
Avanti 753
Avanti 853c
Benjamin Trail NP22
Crosman 1377
MRod W22
Hahn/Crosman's 45
AA HFT 500

arkmaker †

I did that same thing years ago, In fact that same red pin head is still in my 1740. Works like a charm. Someone on this forum told me about it when I lost my safety ball  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22